Nero Source Stripper And Custom Install Builder

`Felix`

Hi Neanderthal,

Ok 7-zip option i am going to build in a command line switch that you can use to select between WinRAR or 7zip. In the meantime you are welcome to change the !makeit.cmd file to suit your needs.

As for the removing of the other files - yep we can do that. Will be in next build.

Ok lookin forward to it...

as for uninstall options, it would be usefull to have it in add/remove, although a simple batch that just deletes nero and reg entries would do for me.

Hi there `Felix`!

I haven't been on a Nero topic for a very long while... Didn't know people were so busy with this method! The script you are working on is great!

Now I have asked the original poster of this method (in Dutch forums) about Coverdesigner, you cannot start Coverdesigner from Nero Express/Nero Burning ROM, will give error Coverdesigner is not installed. (From Menu Start you can start Coverdesigner) I don't know if your script has solved this problem, the original poster said he knows how to and would post it sometime... so if he does I will let you know.

Also, I've read in vcBlackbox topic he had trouble creating non-compliant (S)VCD with this method... well I've never done that before... so don't really know how to fix that... if it has to do with Recode I assume it is fixed with your script.

anyways... if there are still some strange bugs, I'll see if I can help or ask the original man in the Dutch forums!

GOOD WORK!

Hi there `Felix`!

I haven't been on a Nero topic for a very long while... Didn't know people were so busy with this method! The script you are working on is great!

Now I have asked the original poster of this method (in Dutch forums) about Coverdesigner, you cannot start Coverdesigner from Nero Express/Nero Burning ROM, will give error Coverdesigner is not installed. (From Menu Start you can start Coverdesigner) I don't know if your script has solved this problem, the original poster said he knows how to and would post it sometime... so if he does I will let you know.

Also, I've read in vcBlackbox topic he had trouble creating non-compliant (S)VCD with this method... well I've never done that before... so don't really know how to fix that... if it has to do with Recode I assume it is fixed with your script.

anyways... if there are still some strange bugs, I'll see if I can help or ask the original man in the Dutch forums!

GOOD WORK!

hi ZileXa,

Thanks for the info. all help will be appreciated. I am working throught the bugs and seeing if we can get them all out. more info as it comes to hand :)

There is no option to uninstall Nero in "Remove/add programs"

This can easily be done by a regtweak, will post when I found it.

About Imagedrive not working (driver cannot be installed)

Did you remove SCSI/RAID drivers with Nlite? That could be the problem. I will test this today. I also had Imagedrive in my package, but don't really use it... you might want to take a look at VirtualCD (made by CloneCD and original CloneDVD people).

But ofcourse the aim is to get everything working here... also Imagedrive!

I can't really help with Nero Wave Editor... I never use that tool, there are WAY better tools (search for the old Cool Edit Pro 2!!)... but it seems need some ActiveX thing to be registered...

Did you remove SCSI/RAID drivers with Nlite? That could be the problem. I will test this today. I also had Imagedrive in my package, but don't really use it... you might want to take a look at VirtualCD (made by CloneCD and original CloneDVD people).

no i havnt remove SCSI/RAID drivers.. i tested it in my current system w/out any updates/reg tweak/hack.. (almost clean install)
I can't really help with Nero Wave Editor... I never use that tool, there are WAY better tools (search for the old Cool Edit Pro 2!!)... but it seems need some ActiveX thing to be registered...

im used to wave editor.. i hav made hundreds of mobile tones using this...

using virtualcd & anoder editor needs another precious cd space :unsure: i only have a cd-wr here :blushing: & i want to take advntage of nero having this handy tools w/c takes less space..

anyway, thnx for the suggestions :hello:

hi ZileXa,

Thanks for the info. all help will be appreciated. I am working throught the bugs and seeing if we can get them all out. more info as it comes to hand

good luck felix :thumbup

no i havnt remove SCSI/RAID drivers.. i tested it in my current system w/out any updates/reg tweak/hack.. (almost clean install)

im used to wave editor.. i hav made hundreds of mobile tones using this...

using virtualcd & anoder editor needs another precious cd space :unsure: i only have a cd-wr here :blushing: & i want to take advntage of nero having this handy tools w/c takes less space..

anyway, thnx for the suggestions :hello:

hi ZileXa,

Thanks for the info. all help will be appreciated. I am working throught the bugs and seeing if we can get them all out. more info as it comes to hand

good luck felix :thumbup

The wave editor issue i have almost solved as with a few of the other bugs... will have a new update in the few days.

Hi all have been updating the change log information on my first post with fixes etc... i haven't posted a new version of the scripts yet as i haven't finished working through all the problems - namely the image drive issue. and i want to do some more of the stuff on my todo list first as well... stay tuned.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=283838