Can I Slipstream Sp2 Into Xp Intergrated With Sp1?

cy.

Hello

I have a retail windows XP intergrated with SP1.

Can i slipstream SP2 into this CD?

I know I can but wouldn't it be better if it were XP original (without the Service Pack)?

of course u can. use nlite or autostreamer. i don't think it would be better ..... u know why? just because u dont have the new features. and dont worry by including the sp2 into the windows cd u save same space on your hard drive.

ps don't forget that even the service pack are made by microsoft..... :w00t:

of course u can. use nlite or autostreamer. i don't think it would be better ..... u know why? just because u dont have the new features. and dont worry by including the sp2 into the windows cd u save same space on your hard drive.

ps don't forget that even the service pack are made by microsoft..... :w00t:

thanks for the reply.

well.. i'm trying to save some space on my cd instead

My CD came with SP1 integrated. If i just integrate SP2 into this CD, my CD will contain both SP1 and SP2 files. the CD would copy SP1 files that aren't needed too, right? I don't really want that happen since i'm quite limited to space on my hard drive, too.

so i was thinking of integrating SP2 into XP original directly (which I don't have).

sp2 is a collection of every update that has ever been released since the release of xp up to the day they released sp2 (which would include sp1) so refering to sp1 and sp2 being integrated on your cd is just silly, because sp2 has sp1 in it!

Wow didnt know SP2 includes SP1. So ahem..does that mean that XP with SP1a and then installing SP2 on top of it is a bad idea? Or would we rather be better off with xp sans sp1 and then just go to sp2 directly?

like i said it doesn't matter. so u can have a cd with xp no service packs and slipstream directly sp2 or u can have a cd with sp1 and also u can slipstream sp2. the only difference will be that if u install it with no reduction(use nlite) ypur windows folder will be a little bigger.

ps i recomand slipstream sp with xp cd. will save a lot of space.

Hello

I have a retail windows XP intergrated with SP1.

Can i slipstream SP2 into this CD?

I know I can but wouldn't it be better if it were XP original (without the Service Pack)?

well.. i'm trying to save some space on my cd instead

My CD came with SP1 integrated. If i just integrate SP2 into this CD, my CD will contain both SP1 and SP2 files. the CD would copy SP1 files that aren't needed too, right? I don't really want that happen since i'm quite limited to space on my hard drive, too.

so i was thinking of integrating SP2 into XP original directly (which I don't have).

Integrating SP2 directly into a plain/vanilla/gold/RTM/whatever-you-want-to-call-it version of XP (one without SP1) will save you space (on the CD) over integrating SP2 into a CD with SP1 already integrated. Haven't tested this myself, but have seen the same information posted elsewhere on this site and see no reason to doubt it.

Yes - simple answer.

I added SP2 to my XP/SP1 CD when SP2 first came out, as SP2 wouldn’t integrate successfully with my original XP. Always having problems during bootup. Since then I have tried again to slipstream SP2 into the original XP and had success. But it was BIGGER! than the XP/SP1 + SP2 (command line entry)strange but true :blink:

I've done it bothways and it worked. I prefer to slipstream SP2 on XP Gold to get a clean start and therefore potentially there would be less problems. There are some extra folders in slipstreamed SP2 which you can remove.