Xpize 3.0 Released

iwod

I had the same problem by installing SP2, when it occurs, just place that file back from the cd.

unfortunately I could not get to a point where that was possible. It's a laptop, so the hard drive isn't exactly easily accessible to hook up to another machine to force the file over that way, and I can't run recovery console because I don't own a floppy drive.

@rendrag:

Your problem is strange because XPize does not replace your original logon, instead it places the new one in C:\Windows\XPize (hidden by default) and applies a new registry value to make it the default one. Anyway, I will try to figure out what the cause can be.

XPero

@keytotime:

Although this is very strange, try this: look into C:\WINDOWS\XPize\Backup and replace

patched wscript.exe and cscript.exe with the original ones. If you installed Windows using the i386 patching feature, look into your Windows CD and Ryan's Pack for those original files. You can use Replacer

@Daeron Tinúviel:

Run the installer again and select skins-->WinRAR 3.xx only. This should work.

Bug report: XPize modifies user32.dll, which in some unknown way, causes applications using some of its APIs to crash. Example: Futuremark 3DMark03. This bug was found on Windows XP SP1.

XPize does not touch user32.dll. At least I haven't found that file in C:\WINDOWS\XPize\Backup, so it hasn't been modified.

that's right

user32.dll is not modified by xpize

so i had 2 little problems in the last weeks using xpize

i hope they are not generated because i used xpize - maybe someone knows

1. if i click my network places with the right mouse button and select "properties" a message appears that i can not place a shortcut here

2. if i click on an other system my computer with the right mouse button and select "manage" a message appears that the default management console can not be found - management is completely impossible - on the same system internet properties and search is also impossible

i reinstalled one of them and used also xpize 3.0 and the error does not occure again - may it be that there is an update problem from xpize 2.5 to 3.0 ???

thanks

yergling

Hi Xpero

I said;

I was just wondering if anyone else is having problems with XPize3.0

installing silently after using nlite, I get 2 popup windows, one about

systemrestore not being written to and one about uxtheme not compatable

with system........

Nuhi said;

You removed SysRestore and patched Uxtheme...that's normal.

Contact XPize installer author and tell him to add silent switch for these warnings.

I said;

yes I do remove systemrestore, and use nLites uxtheme

Xpero said;

here's how I do it........

I then said;

I think I'll just leave in sysrestore and use your uxtheme.......... should solve

the problem, right??

NO.

And now I finally got around to making a new ISO and left in systemrestore and did not

use nLites uxtheme, and still I get those 2 popups.......

thought you should know Xpero.....also don't forget the problem with command promt.....

had to uninstall it for window to work.......

thanks BD