User Cannot Close Application

Even though I didn't offer a solution, I must ask, did you modify Default Domain Policy, or you just made your own?

The best way to control the policy behavior (takes time as well) it to make a new gpo, set a single rule in that gpo, set the gpo to no override, and once you're sure it doesn't cause any problems, then apply it in YOUR OWN policy withiun target container. Default Domain Policy SHOULD NOT be modified at all, so you have a solution to go back at all time.

Is this a local security policy or a policy applied in advanced directory? 
I set up a user then created an OU and applied GPOs to that OU and placed the user in the OU B)
Are you sure it's policy and not just the process being run under the 'SYSTEM' account and the user being limited, i.e. Service 

I would think its the way i created the GPO as this problem only happens when i place the user under the OU i created

Even though I didn't offer a solution, I must ask, did you modify Default Domain Policy, or you just made your own?

The best way to control the policy behavior (takes time as well) it to make a new gpo, set a single rule in that gpo, set the gpo to no override, and once you're sure it doesn't cause any problems, then apply it in YOUR OWN policy withiun target container. Default Domain Policy SHOULD NOT be modified at all, so you have a solution to go back at all time. 

No i havent modified the Default Domain Policy i created my own.

What does the "No Override" function do

Thanks guys

Bad boy Warrior,Mar 10 2005, 03:26 AM

No i havent modified the Default Domain Policy i created my own.

What does the "No Override" function do

Thanks guys

It prevents conflicts between gpos ... policy that is on the top is to mandatory one, should you create your own, you of course place it under the top one, but if a single setting is Not Configured in the top gpo and Enabled in your gpo, then final setting will be Not Configured ... no override prevents these things from happening