Please Help The Newbie

jockfair

i am new and looking for help. I tried to slipstream my sata drivers on a cd, after spoiling 6 cd i found one that look good, so i formatted with it. and did a re install thats where the problem started.

i got a stop error message os i decided to install the normal way with my sata diskette, i formatted pressed F6 it showed me the list of drivers select win xp it copied the filesthen it stopped with this error settup cannot copy the file viasraid.sys

that is not possible since without it windows would not have seen the sata HD's

when i connect my daughter's IDE hard drive i can see where windows started coppying the files. i can also save to the sata HD's

can someone tell me what is wrong

Well... it would definetely help if you'd tell us what method you used. What guide you used. What changes you made to the txtsetup.sif, to the winnt.sif, maybe to the txtsetup.oem file? Where you put the files.

So... please post the above! (not completely, only the parts you changed...)

BTW... Welcome to the MSFN forums!

$OEM$/ $1/drivers/sata/i placed the txtsetup and vt8237 then/winxpfolder with my drivers (idont know if i should have placed the whole folder with all the drivers that were on the diskette)

TXTSETUP.SIF (is that wrong i noticed you have txtsetup.oem) the following changes were made,

[sourceDisksFiles]

viasraid.sys = 1,,,,,,3_,4,1

[sCSI.Load]

VIARAID_VT3149_2003IA32 = viasraid.sys, 4

[sCSI]

VIARAID_VT3149_2003IA32 = "VIA Serial ATA RAID Controller(Windows 2003 IA32)",VT8237

(could be a problem since i am seeing win 2003. this info i was told to get from the diskette oem file i took the wrong one) but on the cd this file is not there

WINNT.SIF

[Data]

AutoPartition=0

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=ProvideDefault

OemPreinstall=Yes

OemSkipEula=Yes

NoWaitAfterTextMode=1

NoWaitAfterGUIMode=1

WaitForReboot="No"

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

OemPnPDriversPath= "drivers\SATA\Winxp" ********** these i placed

[GuiUnattended]

OEMSkipWelcome = 1

[userData]

ProductKey=VX4XG-8FFCQ-ect.

FullName="My Name" ********** these i placed

OrgName="Home User" ********** these i placed

i corrected what you said now i seem to get further but i am getting a new error

following value in the SIF file is corrupt or missing value 0 on the line in section [sCSI] with key 'viaRaid_VT31149_20031A32."

i checked the line

VIARAID_VT3149_2003IA32 = "VIA Serial ATA RAID Controller(Windows 2003 IA32)",VT8237

i tried two cd's one i changed the line to

VIARAID_VT3149_XP = "VIA Serial ATA RAID Controller(Windows XP)",VT8237

and

VIARAID_VT3149_XP = "VIA Serial ATA RAID Controller(Windows XP)"

both cd's i got the same above error to their credit i could not format with them so that could have been the first cd'd error

check it and let me know what to try next