Should I Install Sp2

Jebron27

I have a SP2 update downloaded, but i was wondering whether or not i should install it. My computer is modded from beginning to end and it has some pirated programs on it. I am just worried that SP2 will screw up all my modding and pirated programs. So can someone tell me what i should do and what their opinions and experiances with SP2 are.

My computer is modded from beginning to end and it has some pirated programs on it. I am just worried that SP2 will screw up all my modding and pirated programs. So can someone tell me what i should do and what their opinions and experiances with SP2 are.

I THINK I MUST HAVE READ WRONG BUT I SURE U SAID PIRATED SOFTWARE LMAO...THINK U COULD BE IN WRONG FORUM MAYBE..

If your copy of Windows isn't legit, don't use SP2.

Also, if your XP is competely up-to-date (critical updates and hotfixes), you might not want to (just because that is the main thing that SP2 is for).

it has nothing to do with legal or ilegal programs. so it is good to install cause it has new security features. also if your xp is ilegal well sp2 recognize bad serial and u will not be able to start your pc. i mean it will ask for a new serial.

If you don't practice safe computing (no firewall enabled, no anti-virus, don't scan for spyware) then yes, you should install it.

SP2 has 5 million lines of code written to it. Can this screw with your configuration?

My experience, two out of three computers did fine with SP2. The more complex computer (see sig.) had to be re-formatted & SP1 re-installed.

You won't be forced to install SP2, just turn off auto-updates.

To see how other folks are doing with SP2 check out Pc Banter

Even though you get great advice on this forum, it's always good to check out the Microsoft newsgroup forums. Look at the threads that have been posted. Do any of them come close to home for your computer?

Stay informed, then make your own decision.

Treeman