Look At This...

johnnyb

you can also use 98lite (google is a good friend :P)

have you any experience with 98lite or xplite from litepc.com?

I'm looking for something like that as a quick install for a number of break machines that will just be used for browsing ... we're going to deploy a number of stripped machines running on PIII in the break room for personal surfing habits as work machines are not supposed to be used for that purpose...

cheers

Greg

Windows 98 is dead to me, I prefer 32-Bit.

w98 IS 32bit lol

@webyourbusiness, sorry m8, i personally never used 98lite although i've heard a lot of people talking wonderful things about it.

i'm an old school guy and i still preffer the manual way. there are pretty good tutorials on the net on how to shrink down w98, some links can be found on this forum :)

going to deploy a number of stripped machines running on PIII ........

I suggest using WindowsXP itself....

Win98 is too "creaky" and useless for anything - it gets bogged down and infected, etc. too easily.

And winXP is better, also because you can strip it down better than windows 98. How? Check out nLite.

nLite is a tool that (for those who use it), kicks 98lite and XPlite straight outta the window!

My WinXPSP2 machine has all the annoying notifications and such... removed, occupies only 400 MB on HDD, memory usage is 45 MB on average (with pagefile disabled ;)), and runs like a rocket. How much better than that can you get?