Black Screen Installing Unnattended...

hi everyone!! i´ve got problem at hand. I´ve been learning how to do an unattended XP cd at MSFN, and achieved a cd with all the

latest hotfixes, drivers for my pc and an unattended setup. Everything working fine when i tried it with microsoft virtual machine!!

yesterday i tried instaling in the real machine and something very strange happened. it instaled ok. i got in win XP and everything was go until i rebooted!! on rebootig all i got was a black screen and everything working on the background ( i know this because i could hear the logon, i just couldn´t see it)... i can get to windows if i press F8 when rebooting and choose Enable VGA mode!!

safe mode works too...

My system: notebook... Asus M1... celeron 800 Mhz... 384 RAM... integrated video card!

My O.S.: windows XP pro SP2!! yeah... i do use sp2!! it seems to work when its installed not slipstreamed with winXP... thats why i´m so puzzeled.

Any ideas... thanks

Did you by chance in your Unattended CD specify a resolution/refresh rate your Video/Card monitor cannot handle? In safe mode change to a safe resolution and refresh rate and try to boot back into windows.

It works installed and not slipstreamed because you made the slipstream and Microsoft made the install hehe.

Good Luck!

Yeh tcouto I got the same thing, with slipstreamed SP2 into the original XP.

However I then used a CD with XP+SP1 (already slipstreamed) added SP2 and it works a treat. I have no idea why the black screen - couldn’t find anything on that at the time. Maybe it's stuck in a loop, maybe, I don't know.

Sorry I can't be more positive, but your not alone. :hello:

Its good to know i´m not alone Dynamite!!:) i didn´t quite understand... you slipstreamed sp1 and then slipstreamed sp2?? thanks

thanks for the clues keytotime!! already tried RyanVm's pack, and i dont think its the drivers, because windows installs the most updated driver.

WINNT.SIF

;SetupMgrTag

[Data]

AutoPartition=1

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=No

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

[GuiUnattended]