Ipod Help

oblivion_keychain

My sister and I each have our own ipods, i have the 20gb my sister has the ipod mini. We each have our own users on the computer, each one has itunes. When I try to import songs from my itunes to my ipod, i get a message saying

-another user is using the ipod software, so itunes cant communicate with this ipod. Please ask the other user to log off-

how do i log off the other user? how do i stop this message.

sorry if this is in the wrong place -_-' (first time on this forum)

First... Welcome! How's the weather up there in Canada?

Anyways, to the issue.

Are you using fast user switching? If so it's possible she still has the software running. You would simply need to return to the welcome screen, login as her and close out the software, return to the welcome screen again and login as yourself and run the software. Please let me know if this isn't the situation.

...or if you really want to see your sister 'happy', you could right click task bar -> Task Manager -> Users -> right click her user name -> logoff

Disclaimer: This poster shall not be held responsible for any damages whether data or physical that occurs by following the above process. :D

j/k Pointing out an alternative

it is the user switching, only 1 user can have an ipod pluged into the computer. what you can do is go into services, and restart the ipod service under your name. that will start it up like you have the ipod. thats the way iv solved that problem. or there is the point of just checking that no one is signed in when u log on.

its under services, start -> all program -> administrative tools -> services

you can get administrative tools in your start menu options.

ps, what part of canada are you in? im in montreal and its nice and cool