Replace Luna Totally With Another Style?

I have searched and i know i could do it with WiNt.sif to point to a Theme and use registry to change the login to use Another theme / msstyles.

But I remember i read somewhere about using Hive to change the WHOLE system to use another theme/msstyles. So all user / Login screen will be using that theme.

I try searching for it but couldn't find it. Could someone please give me a hand?

I only use winnt.sif to change theme and all my users account use the new one.

I think that login screen doesn't depend of user account.

Well i haven't got my pc ( with vmware ) at the moment. But what i could remember is that when i created another user it still uses a luna theme.

i put this in winnt.sif

[Shell]
CustomDefaultThemeFile = "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\Unattended.theme"

All my new account use the new theme.

I have just created a new account and it is correct.

(and I put theme files in $oem$)

I did the "replace the files" bit, but for some reason it boots into Windows Classic until I manually change it. The theme is replaced properly other than that. WINNT.SIF is also set to point explicitly to Luna (the replaced Luna, anyway) as the default theme, but that isn't helping either. I used the Tablet PC Royale/Energyblue theme, modpe the files, all that. Reverted to my CD source and replaced ONLY the four files for the theme too, same problem. Unless y'all know better, I'm just going to add something to my reg patch file to set it.

BTW for login screen and boot screen there's a guide on the unattended.msfn.org page, I believe under Advanced > Customization (the boot screen one didn't work for me but I didn't spend much time troubleshooting it, so I probably just forgot a step).

I did the "replace the files" bit, but for some reason it boots into Windows Classic until I manually change it. The theme is replaced properly other than that.

Well after trying this is exactly what happen to me. I don't need those registry for longon window to be changed. Replacing methods works. Except when i log in it is using Window classic. >< And i have to apply it manually.

Have i missed something out?

• 3 weeks later...

Same to me ! When Windows start for the first time, classic theme appears and I must manually set the new skin. Don't know what the problem is !

And for resolving this problem just add a registry :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ThemeManager]

"DllName"="%SystemRoot%\Resources\Themes\YourTheme\unattended.msstyles"