Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Changing Folder Icon

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

maxspeed

maxspeed

• 39 posts
Hi i would like to know if theres a way to change all the defaults folders icons wtih a registry tweak or by the theme i tried to fo it by the hives file but it didnt work. The folders i mean are the new folders icon my music my pictures folders like those thank u

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Nanaki

Nanaki

Leg-humper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Place a file called "desktop.ini" in the folder. In it put this stuff:

[.ShellClassInfo]
IconFile=%SystemRoot%\DropBox Dealie.ico
IconIndex=0

The icon "DropBox Dealie" is in my Windows-folder, but you can place 'em anywhere if course.

Then run a batch file with the following code:

Attrib +s <FolderName>

CDswitch - Making CD/DVD-switching fun. / VMcleaner - Cleaning your virtual memory by killing unnecessary tasks
WinampUser - Silently install multiuser functionality for Winamp / OfficeExec - Installing Office at T-12/cmdlines.txt
Dropper - Changing file properties by drag-'n-dropping (not for unattended use)

lilweirddude

lilweirddude

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
does <foldername> include the path to the folder too?

Nanaki

Nanaki

Leg-humper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Yeah, the folder which icon has to be changed. :)
CDswitch - Making CD/DVD-switching fun. / VMcleaner - Cleaning your virtual memory by killing unnecessary tasks
WinampUser - Silently install multiuser functionality for Winamp / OfficeExec - Installing Office at T-12/cmdlines.txt
Dropper - Changing file properties by drag-'n-dropping (not for unattended use)

maxspeed

maxspeed

• 39 posts
anyway way to make it global all the icons of folders like the default one for every reg folder?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN