Ris Does Not Find Nic-driver On Image

Skitso

Goal:

- to succesfully achieve a RIS-istallation

Using:

- Server 2003, AD, DHCP, DNS, RIS

- XP-pro client image (dell optiplex 170L)

I boot my "new" pc from the network, I obtain a connection with RIS,put in my username & password, I choose an OS I want to install.

When the installation begins I receive an error message saying that he can't find the driver for the NIC on the image! :blink:

I dont understand because this image was made from the SAME machine that i'm using to do the RIS-installation..... :wacko:

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

:thumbup

maybe you installed a NIC after the image ha been created.

or.. maybe an extra NIC (installed by you) in the machine hasnt been installed properly and then windows tries to detect the drivers itselfs...which ain't succesfull always.

Thanx for your reply.

The NIC is on the motherboard and there is no 2nd NIC on the machine.

Also the machine is brand new, freshly installed, everything working, ready to be used by a client. Everything was running smoothly on the pc when I made the image.

The Client Installation Wizard uses PXE (Pre eXecution Environment) drivers. These are standard across all PXE compliant NIC cards. After the PC copies the files over and reboots it has to contact the server to download the session SIF file from the server. This is done on the first reboot. If the NIC card drivers are not available at that time you will get that error. All you need to do is simply add those drivers to the image.