New Regedit Version

Tihiy

http://www.mdgx.com/files/REGEDITS.ZIP

Includes new Registry Editor (regedit.exe) versions compatible with win98.

Practically is a Windows ME version with DOS part from win98 regedit. Includes hotfix from 98SE2ME regedit. It saves last key, includes favorites and some speedup.

regedit+.exe is using 32-bit icons and should be used with Revolutions Pack.

regedit.exe should be placed to the \windows dir if you want.

regedit+.exe should be placed to the \windows dir and renamed to regedit.exe if you have Revolutions Pack.

regedit.exe should be placed to the \windows dir if you want.

regedit+.exe should be placed to the \windows dir and renamed to regedit.exe if you have Revolutions Pack.

KOOL! I give the modified regedit files made by Tihiy two thumbs way up! :D

Highly recommend it to anyone using Win98 or WinME. I'll ask MDGx on what he thinks of the new regedit files.

• 1 month later...

Tihiy,

I wonder if you can modify your regedit.exe file to bypass the need of loading setver.exe. If I run your regedit.exe file under Win95 original release which has DOS 7.0, it may give me an incorrect DOS version message.

See this site:

http://www.users.dircon.co.uk/~flibble/regsmall.html

The guy at that site modified a Win98 version of regedit.exe so that it will not require setver.exe.

• 4 weeks later...

so far, I've tested Tihiy's modified regedit.exe file and it only works under Win95 sr2, Win98fe & Win98se; ran it in both Windows & DOS environments. I have not tested it under the original & SR1 versions of Win95 which have MS-DOS 7.0. Win95b & Win98 have DOS 7.1.

so right now I recommend Win95b & 98 users to use Tihiy's regedit.exe file while those using Win95 orig./Win95a to get the other modified regedit.exe file from that web site I mentioned earlier and avoid using Tihiy's regedit.exe file.

• 11 months later...
so far, I've tested Tihiy's modified regedit.exe file and it only works under Win95 sr2, Win98fe & Win98se; ran it in both Windows & DOS environments. I have not tested it under the original & SR1 versions of Win95 which have MS-DOS 7.0. Win95b & Win98 have DOS 7.1.

so right now I recommend Win95b & 98 users to use Tihiy's regedit.exe file while those using Win95 orig./Win95a to get the other modified regedit.exe file from that web site I mentioned earlier and avoid using Tihiy's regedit.exe file.

UPDATE: Tihiy's modified Regedit.exe file DOES work on ALL versions of Win95, 98 & ME. However, regedit will NOT display the Favorites keys you have bookmarked when used under Win95. That means Tihiy's regedit files work properly under Win98 and ME.

• 3 weeks later...

I use Total Commander for all and have registry plugin for its.

I don't need regedit because regedit hasn't enough options for registry editing.

Regedit is much slower for fast registry searching and editing than my plugin

in Total Commander...

Plugin can be downloaded from www.totalcmd.net .Enjoy!bl.gif

Look...

reg1.jpg

reg2.jpg

I don't need regedit because regedit hasn't enough options for registry editing.

in Total Commander...

can you give us a more accurate link or even a direct dowload URL to the Registry Plugin

for Total Commander?

in Total Commander...

can you give us a more accurate link or even a direct dowload URL to the Registry Plugin

for Total Commander?

Check this site. It has the Registry plugin and much more. Worth browsing if you're on a plugin hunt ;)

• 1 year later...

Practically is a Windows ME version with DOS part from win98 regedit. Includes hotfix from 98SE2ME regedit. It saves last key, includes favorites and some speedup.

regedit+.exe is using 32-bit icons and should be used with Revolutions Pack.

Please, Tihiy, post for me (or reply this post) changes in new Regedit.exe (this version original / WinME or modify?). I try running original Regedit WinME (original M$ CD - czech WinME) and properly busy. :unsure:

Edited by Philco

• 7 months later...

RETRY PLEASE: :unsure:

Please, Tihiy, post for me (or reply this post) changes in new Regedit.exe (this version original / WinME or modify?). I try running original Regedit WinME (original M$ CD - czech WinME) and properly busy. :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
I've clearly stated what is this 4 years ago when i wrote this post.

I can't answer you clearlier since i can't understand what you want.

in that case, Philco needs to move on and forget about what he was asking earlier. I too can't seem to figure out what he really wants from either the modified WinME Regedit file or the original czech language WinME Regedit file he was using on his machine.

Edited by erpdude8