Xpize 4 Suggestions

XPero

XPize 3 is now only supporting windows XPSP2, XPize 4 should support Windows XPSP2 + all the Hotfixes. ok lets make this simple XPize 4 should work with RyanVM's Windows XP Post-SP2 Update Pack 1.X.X

http://ryanvm.msfn.org/

hmm I think you missed something (or maybe I haven't understood you properly). XPize is file version independant, that is, no matter what service pack is installed XPize will recognise and patch your system files (installing XPize normally). If you are referring to the integration option, please read my guide on how to create an XPized Windows CD

Please, correct me if I misunderstood you.

@CBC:

You mean a thinner Taskbar?

yes, XPero you are right only when I use windows XP with SP2.

if I Integrate the hotfixs for SP2. after that Xpize is not working. try it your self.

Yes, I'm referring to the integration option

XPero, will be out sometime, he wants to reply asap ;)

@all, he's intention is not to completely replace all of system icons.

he only wants to get rid of old known w9x icons; that's why most of icons on shell32.dll are still remaining after XPize3.

i think the only modification possible on default xp icons could be boosting icon sizes...

@Suren is obvious that if you integrate your hotfixes after XPize then your replaced resources will be overwritten, so that's not a real problem of XPize :P

solution is to first integrate all of your current hotfixes (including RyanVM's pack) and then, just before building the iso, integrate XPize :)

Thanks simon... remind me what Xpize really is.

Than i think the icons inside registry could be changed. They look anicent...

And i think a new icon for processor in Device window. because the current one looks like a spider :P

my suggestions:

thin taskbar theme..

compact start menu..

glossy icons (still looks like xp but glossy (like xp icandy))

xpize bootscreen..

:thumbup xpize rocks.. i have a Gant2 version of XP w/c looks good, but it slows my work because icons are confusing, specially file types icons :no: with xpize, its an enhanced version of XP..