Xpize 4 Suggestions

XPero

Bad news about the IE about logo. I've tried and tried to replace it but it just doesnt get replaced. Even in doing it in Reshacker manually, it just looks the same as the original :unsure: So, that good graphics klasa did, cannot be used. Anyway IE7 is almost here, so just wait a little...and also, what's interesting in looking at IE about window? :P

@All of you: Thanks for suggestions.

XPero

Well, if you need to know wich updates are installed for IE, you need to look at that window, so an IE on windows xp with xpize updated graphics can be very anoying then.

Bad news about the IE about logo. I've tried and tried to replace it but it just doesnt get replaced. Even in doing it in Reshacker manually, it just looks the same as the original :unsure: So, that good graphics klasa did, cannot be used. Anyway IE7 is almost here, so just wait a little...and also, what's interesting in looking at IE about window? :P

@All of you: Thanks for suggestions.

XPero

Well, if you need to know wich updates are installed for IE, you need to look at that window, so an IE on windows xp with xpize updated graphics can be very anoying then.

You are right XPero, it won't show with me either :no: . Do you have any clue about why it can't be used?

Would you consider adding an option in the next version to choose from either a Luna or Royale set of BMPs when installing XPize? It would be great if we could have this option...

LOL. Quoting myself.

Anyone else prefer the LUNA style? It's this something that will likley happen with XPize 4.0.... Just curious...

-zero.

Would you consider adding an option in the next version to choose from either a Luna or Royale set of BMPs when installing XPize? It would be great if we could have this option...

LOL. Quoting myself.

Anyone else prefer the LUNA style? It's this something that will likley happen with XPize 4.0.... Just curious...

-zero.

I'm considering your idea. There is a long hard road though.

XPero

i already mentioned it in another thread but i would prefer if when patching the i386 files that the backups of the original filses were placed in another directory and the files in the original i386 folder were directly patched

I'm considering your idea. There is a long hard road though.

Ok thanks, I appreciate it.

Here are some of my ideas for what could be "XPized" in the new version.

The "My Breifcase" animations and icons are still frightfully ugly:

Examples:

split.jpg

updating.jpg

update.jpg

If you notice in the last picture, the dialog does not display the windows icons at their full colour depth - instead, only with what looks like 256 colours. All my other icons appear fine. I don't know if this is a windows bug, or something that could be fixed with a simple reshacking operation, but might be worth further investigations.

Thanks guys, keep up the good work. I'll keep my eyes open for anything in need of the "XPize" treatment.

Another thing is: Right Click on My Computer, select Properties go to Hardware click on Device Manager, if you press Alt+Tab you see the ugly Device Manager Icon.

By the way through Off-Topic: Does anybody know how to activate the 3D icons in Office 2003 with the classic theme, the silver look combined with violett if you touch it (with the mouse) looks very ugly. It is also noticeable with 3rd Party Styles.

@Swimming_Bird:

Use switches for that. Look in uAE thread and you will see the syntax have to use. It's pretty clear.

@zerodb:

I will do my best on that, but it seems that Windows do not support XP icons in all those examples you put. And yes, it is Microsoft's fault becuse of building OSes over OSes.

@jeeva:

I dont know how to replace that icon. This icon is part of a msc file, which cannot be edited in reshacker or similar. If that icon is holded by another file, I have to figure out which file is. I will look at it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad that you are considering to do ActiveSync... its been annoying me for years... I tried reshacking it and it was a pain in the butt... especially when you don't have the icons to change it with... :}

I think this program rocks, thans a lot XPero! I'ts what I was looking to for years! Watch out that you don't exagerate with too much wallpapers etc. I also think the big icon in my computer properties is a bit too lets say colorful. I'm glad you made a separate theme for WinRAR. There are still some things I'd like to see changed, like the battery/power icon in the system tray and the energymeter, I have a laptop so it's there all the time, and the .NET Framework icons, but that's not very important. Can the battery icon have more than 3 different levels like it has now? If you know what I mean. Is it possible to make a boot screen with resolution 1024x768 and true colors? The clock replacement did not work for me, with neither v3.0, 3.1, 3.2 although I installed XPize with all options. I have Windows XP MCE 2005 in Dutch. It's all shown in the screenshot.

post-57426-1116959028_thumb.jpg

Sorry I asked for the battery icon, earlier you said that it is not possible as well as the icons in regedit. But the traffic lights in the disk quotum can use a change indeed. I'm amazed that you even xpized the icons in the status bar of internet explorer!

A question: has the battery status icon in Windows 6.0.5048 finally changed? If so, I will install it.