• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nateklomp

"office Shrinker" With Office2000 And W98se

3 posts in this topic

Hiya,

I've been banging around this problem for months (2-cd install, zipped entire admin install point--~300MB!--etc.), can anyone tell me why I can't get Office Shrink to work with Office 2000 on Windows 98 SE?

It always seems to be working fine until ~80%, then "Cancel" button disappears and the install hangs. If I kill the process, shortcuts are in place but apps aren't installed. Using the full source+MST, installation is always successful.

Perhaps it's having SP3 slipstreamed into my source? It's my only remaining guess...the same source is working fine on XP (yes, I used Office Shrink on a SP3-slipstreamed admin point, clean install of W98SE).

Thanks, any input is appreciated!

nateklomp

In your Office Shrink target directory before starting shrink.

Copy over from your source the file ie5setup.exe.

Example ( office\ie\en\ie5setup.exe)

Same structure target and source.

Only seems to be a problem after slipstreaming sp3.

Hiya,

Thanks, works like a charm (except it can't install until after first logon, seems to kill W98Setup when running in "mini-windows" setup mode). Just what I needed!