I Cannot Delete A Key From Registry - Why ?

Whiz_z

Hello there, at beginnig, sorry for my english, its not my native, i hope you are understandig me

I have to delete some keys from win regitry. But, sadly, i cannot, because when i want to delete/rename or open them, win says "error" :(

I use program called Ragitry Crawler for finding the keys, i need to delete all which contains "fraps". many of them can be deleted, bud some keys not.

Here is a error log from Crawler:

Registry Search Error.
Failed to open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{47629D4B-2AD3-4e50-B716-A66C15C63153}\InprocServer32 while searching the Registry on Local Computer, Windows reported error code 2.

Registry Search Error.
Failed to open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{604BB98A-A94F-4a5c-A67C-D8D3582C741C}\InprocServer32 while searching the Registry on Local Computer, Windows reported error code 2.

Registry Search Error.
Failed to open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{684373FB-9CD8-4e47-B990-5A4466C16034}\InprocServer32 while searching the Registry on Local Computer, Windows reported error code 2.

Registry Search Error.
Failed to open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{74554CCD-F60F-4708-AD98-D0152D08C8B9}\InprocServer32 while searching the Registry on Local Computer, Windows reported error code 2.

Registry Search Error.
Failed to open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{7EB537F9-A916-4339-B91B-DED8E83632C0}\InprocServer32 while searching the Registry on Local Computer, Windows reported error code 2.

Registry Search Error.
Failed to open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{948395E8-7A56-4fb1-843B-3E52D94DB145}\InprocServer32 while searching the Registry on Local Computer, Windows reported error code 2.

Registry Search Error.
Failed to open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{AC3ED30B-6F1A-4bfc-A4F6-2EBDCCD34C19}\InprocServer32 while searching the Registry on Local Computer, Windows reported error code 2.

Registry Search Error.
Failed to open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{DE5654CA-EB84-4df9-915B-37E957082D6D}\InprocServer32 while searching the Registry on Local Computer, Windows reported error code 2.

Registry Search Error.
Failed to open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{E39C35E8-7488-4926-92B2-2F94619AC1A5}\InprocServer32 while searching the Registry on Local Computer, Windows reported error code 2.

Registry Search Error.
Failed to open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{EACAFCE5-B0E2-4288-8073-C02FF9619B6F}\InprocServer32 while searching the Registry on Local Computer, Windows reported error code 2.

Registry Search Error.
Failed to open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{F8F02ADD-7366-4186-9488-C21CB8B3DCEC}\InprocServer32 while searching the Registry on Local Computer, Windows reported error code 2.

Registry Search Error.
Failed to open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{FEE45DE2-A467-4bf9-BF2D-1411304BCD84}\InprocServer32 while searching the Registry on Local Computer, Windows reported error code 2.

Registry Search Error.
Failed to open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Reinstall\??? while searching the Registry on Local Computer, Windows reported error code 2.

About a rights, Iam over Administrator, and i have all rights to that keys.

I realy dont know what to do, can anybody help me please?

This is not an unknow problem there is another thread that covers some of the possible solutions at http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.p...088&postcount=6 to recap it

1. try going into safe mode to delete it.

2. check the file to make sure it wasnt caused by a defrag error

3. hex it to check if there is a hidden sub - which prevents deletes

If none of thoes work then you can use the reg and reg32 from command line. First you need to be "NT SYSTEM/AUTHORITY" not administrator, here is a tool called supershell http://p-nand-q.com/download/supershell.html it will allow you to have a cmd window that is authority. then just use reg to delete the key.

If I ever have problems like this then usually being authority works.

good luck. BE SAFE!! Make sure you CLOSE the supershell when finished!!

This is not an unknow problem there is another thread that covers some of the possible solutions at http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.p...088&postcount=6 to recap it

1. try going into safe mode to delete it.

2. check the file to make sure it wasnt caused by a defrag error

3. hex it to check if there is a hidden sub - which prevents deletes

If none of thoes work then you can use the reg and reg32 from command line.  First you need to be "NT SYSTEM/AUTHORITY" not administrator, here is a tool called supershell http://p-nand-q.com/download/supershell.html it will allow you to have a cmd window that is authority.  then just use reg to delete the key.

If I ever have problems like this then usually being authority works.

good luck. BE SAFE!! Make sure you CLOSE the supershell when finished!!

thank you a lot for your help !

I have found a new release of the program "fraps", which works if I have those keys so i will not try one's fortune, we know how the registry is fault-prone.

But, thx, supershell looks to be a very usefull tool, so again, thank you :yes:

regards

Just as a follow-up, supershell is a wonderful tool. It is also very dangerous. It can delete files in use and do all kinds of other things. I took a spare computer and then played to see what could be done. And its just about anything. Glad you solved the problem.

Actually looking at the error messages above, it occurs to me that perhaps the program itself could just be making an unintentional error. I've not used Reg Crawler so this is only my impression.

If it had just deleted the same keys in HKCR, then it won't find them ("search error") again in HKLM; the classes CLSIDs are actually shown in both hives. Many keys are mapped this way.

I'd actually open up regedit and see what's there.