*new* Hp All-in-one Printer Software & Drivers

DigeratiPrime

yea...the CD i have is that driver package just extracted.

I've tried every .inf file i've found in that package and nothing comes up when the wizard opens the .inf file...its like there is no driver in it (or at least not a compatable one)

I've been isolating and compressing just the drivers for all my hardware for as long as I can remember. The only downside is that sometimes even the drivers for those brand name All-In-One's can be pretty hefty. Our AIO sucks. It's a Lexmark P2650.

Me? I just mean that when I download a package from Lexmark, it contains software bundled with drivers supporting every OS from Windows 9x to Server 2003. That can be 100s of MBs in size. I just find the "ME/XP" or "2000/XP" folder and delete the rest, nothing complicated. In other cases I use Driver Genius to backup only the necessary files by reading the file list in the INF file.

well no matter what .inf file i choose, it shows no drivers..

when i run the linksys setup cd for the computer, it supposedly takes the drivers and sets up the printer for you....but almost immediatly, i get an error in the linksys status console and the icon disappears in "Printers and Faxes"

if i try to add the printer manually by IP, i cant find the drivers in the .inf files..

its almost like its not the right driver...but it works fine when the USB is plugged into my comp..

Need advice.

I have tried unsuccessfully for hours now to install a 2700 series All-In-One printer. I ping the address and all comes back okay.

I read the part on the drivers. I think that may be my problem.

Wireless G computer; Verizon wireless internet connection; "Wireless" All-In-One printer

I'm a student so I need to get this resolved ASAP.

SOLUTION:

1. Click Start, Control Panel.

2. Click on Printers icon.

3. Click on Add Printer option.

4. Select Local printer (uncheck "Automatically detect.." box) and click Next.

5. Select Add port or New port option.

6. Select the "Standard TCP/IP port" from the list.

7. Enter the IP address of print server you have when prompted. Eg: \\192.168.2.10

8. Select HP as manufacturer and select HP DeskJet 970c or 990c from the printers list.

9. Click Next to install the software.

10. Insert the windows CD in CD drive if prompted.

That is everything I was doing originally but using the wrong driver. My All-In-One printer (and most others) are not network compatable...So all I had to do was use alternate drivers.. :thumbup

well because of all the functions it has that get transmitted thru the USB....like scanning and the memory card slots....you have to get a driver strictly for printing only..

i guess it just so happens that something about the deskjet is similar