Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

installation Winxp64 on Sata (K8v Se Deluxe)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

HooGLaNDeR

HooGLaNDeR
  • 4 posts
Hello all,

im trying to install winxp64 on my new system :

Asus K8V Se Deluxe - Raid + Sata
2x 200GB Ata , 1 x 20 GB Ata, + 1x 40 GB sata
I want to use my 40 GB Sata as primary startup disc, but here comes the problem.

When installing, Windows tries to 1st of all, write a bootsector on a ata disc, in stead of de sata disc. :(

Besides, without a driver disc for windows it wont install properly. Does anyone have suggestions for installing winxp and getting it on de sata?

Thanks in advance,

Hooglander
~ Computer games don't affect kids, I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around dark rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music ~

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

lionden

lionden
  • 5 posts
Just follow the instruction on this thread:
http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=32151&hl=sata

I tryed it..It wotks..

You have to edit your TxtSetup.sif and drop your sata driver in the I386 folder..Burn..when you boot with the cd..your sata drive will be listed..

dazkrlauwste

dazkrlauwste

• PipPip
  • 127 posts
I too have an AMD64 with the K8V SE DeLuxe mobo. I'm tryin to install WinXP64 using the sata drivers from VIA. After I followed the instructions on how to make the driver a decorated one, I still get the 7B error. Is there any other way to install it?

http://forums.viaare...4&enterthread=y

HooGLaNDeR

HooGLaNDeR
  • 4 posts
thnx for the replies. Im gonna try it tonight. :D
~ Computer games don't affect kids, I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around dark rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN