Silence of the foxes

LaptoniC

stupid question... but when you say in readme.txt

It may have some hardcoded paths in it.So it is better to remove hardcoded paths from it

does this mean, remove the whole line... or just the part in quotes...?

thanks, i've used this before, but i can't remeber what i did lol.

Forecastfox doesn't install properly. It gives an error stating; "An error occured starting the Disk I/O Component." when it starts up. If I uninstall this extension, then firefox doesn't give this error. When I try to reinstall forecastfox, it never works properly after that... :(

I had the same problem. But I worked through it but doing a test install from the web. Grab these two folders:

"extensions" - this one includes a folder named "{0538E3E3-7E9B-4d49-8831-A227C80A7AD3}"

"forecastfox" - this includes a bunch of files and folders.

And put them in the SOF "profile" folder.

No rebuild your SOF package.

Forecastfox doesn't install properly. It gives an error stating; "An error occured starting the Disk I/O Component." when it starts up. If I uninstall this extension, then firefox doesn't give this error. When I try to reinstall forecastfox, it never works properly after that... :(

I had the same problem. But I worked through it but doing a test install from the web. Grab these two folders:

"extensions" - this one includes a folder named "{0538E3E3-7E9B-4d49-8831-A227C80A7AD3}"

"forecastfox" - this includes a bunch of files and folders.

And put them in the SOF "profile" folder.

No rebuild your SOF package.

Thanks alot. :thumbup

I'll give it a try tonight.

To edit the FF instaler directly:

1) Download Firefox

2) Open config.ini, change Run Mode=Normal to Run Mode=Silent

3) Delete adt.xpi, talkback.xpi

4) To add your extentions and themes open browser.xpi in winrar, browse to bin\extensions, copy all your themes and extention's to the folder.

5) To add plugin's in browser.xpi, browse to \bin\plugins and copy all the plugin's to that folder. Note some plugin's also have files in bin\components.

6) To add your bookmarks's and prefs.js, open up your language.xpi (ex: en-US.xpi) and browse to i\bin\defaults\profile and then copy in your bookmark and pref's.

7) Then just make a 7-zip installer.

this is the best method for me :thumbup first time i manually edit the installer, it works like a charm...thnx keytotime! :thumbup

To edit the FF instaler directly:

1) Download Firefox

2) Open config.ini, change Run Mode=Normal to Run Mode=Silent

3) Delete adt.xpi, talkback.xpi

4) To add your extentions and themes open browser.xpi in winrar, browse to bin\extensions, copy all your themes and extention's to the folder.

5) To add plugin's in browser.xpi, browse to \bin\plugins and copy all the plugin's to that folder. Note some plugin's also have files in bin\components.

6) To add your bookmarks's and prefs.js, open up your language.xpi (ex: en-US.xpi) and browse to i\bin\defaults\profile and then copy in your bookmark and pref's.

7) Then just make a 7-zip installer.

Hrm. Doesn't seem to work with 1.5. I did exactly as described above, only added a few extensions to browser.xpi -> bin/extensions. They are supposed to go right there, not in bin/extensions/{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd} right ??

It installs just fine, but none of the extensions are installed.

Another question - how to prevent it from dropping a shortcut on the desktop ?

D.

Edited by Halfwalker

@ halfwalker.. it works well with my FF 1.5... when u open ur FF the first time, the extension installer will popup & after it installs firefox will open... but of course u shud restart firefox for the extension/ themes to work..

the extensions shud be inside bin/extensions/

i recommend using bookmark backup extension to backup ur FF settings... it can backup prefs.js.. then what i did is to put it & replace the original prefs.js in the FF installer... even ur previous extension settings will be restored :thumbup

Edited by slimzky

Hrm - no workee. I wonder - this VM had 1.07 installed. I uninstalled that, then installed the new modified 1.5. The extension installer never pops up, and going to Tools->Extensions shows an empty list.

My browser.xpi looks like this :

6233469812500Extensions.png

I'll try a new VM with a clean install of this 1.5.

D.

Hrm - no workee. I wonder - this VM had 1.07 installed. I uninstalled that, then installed the new modified 1.5. The extension installer never pops up, and going to Tools->Extensions shows an empty list.

My browser.xpi looks like this :

6233469812500Extensions.png

I'll try a new VM with a clean install of this 1.5.

D.

i used 7zip... try it..

Edited by slimzky

7zip doesn't really have anything to do with it. (I use it too btw). FF seems to install just fine, but it doesn't install any of the extensions I added into the bin/extensions directory of browser.xpi.

Did anyone make any other changes to the config.ini file ?

D.