How to install WMP10 and .net 1.1 in SVCPACK.inf?

Hello, i wanna integrate WMP10 and dotnet in svcpack.inf, but i dont know how to do that correctly.

i use

MP10Setup.exe /Q:A /C:"SETUP_WM.EXE /Q /R:N /DisallowSystemRestore"

or

MP10Setup.exe /Q:A /R:N

in svcpack.inf, but neither works well :no:

and, i use

dotnetfx.exe /Q:A /R:N

or

netfx.msi /qb /norestart

or

msiexec /i netfx.msi /qb /norestart

in svcpack.inf, also, neither works well :no:

whats wrong?A point in the right direction would be of much help. Thanks in advance. :D

I think svcpack.inf is only for security updates, you cannot put dotnet or wmp10 there. Only security updates that can be .exe /integrate 'ed.

Search around for how to integrate WMP10 to i386 dir, and how to install dotnet.

thanx, but

http://unattended.msfn.org/beginner/hotfix/svcpack.htm

in the document above, Windows Media Player 9/10 is integrate in the svcpack.inf, why?

» Adding Windows Media Player 9/10

If you wish to include the latest Windows Media Player version, there are both available from this site as silent install packages, below are the links. These are for ENGLISH platforms ONLY.

Adding this to SVCPACK.INF is simple.

Open up your SVCPACK.INF file, and add an entry BEFORE any other hotfixes, simply with the name of the file you download below. That's it!

This line works for installing WMP10 from svcpack.inf:

"MP10Setup.exe /c:""setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /DisallowSystemRestore"" /q:A"

Use the whole line, including all quotes.

you can also install netfx from svcpack.inf, but you need to unpack it following these instructions:

http://greenmachine.msfnhosting.com/IEXPRESS/iexpress.htm

It will give you a silent .net package that installs from svcpack.inf without any switches.

At least thats what i did, and it works great. There's probably a million other ways to go about it too.. ;)

This line works for installing WMP10 from svcpack.inf:

"MP10Setup.exe /c:""setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /DisallowSystemRestore"" /q:A"

Use the whole line, including all quotes.

i used the whole line, includeing all quotes, but wmp10 wasnt setuped :no:

i will try to put the line in mp10.cmd, and use mp10.cmd in svcpack.inf.

and how to integrate wmp10 to i386 ? i'v searched the forum, but i got more confused...

God! Did you search at all!? :wacko:

Okey I'm going to break it down for you... It's on page three of this forum!

WMP10 Slipstreamer Version 1.1 . Now download windows media player 10 installer (mp10setup.exe) in your language (or whatever language you are using), and run that batch file. It will guide you through how to integrate Media Player 10 to your i386 dir. This is the best solution, as it is the fastest and it works perfect by replacing your CDs Windows Media Player 9.

:whistle:

God! Did you search at all!?  :wacko:

Okey I'm going to break it down for you... It's on page three of this forum!

WMP10 Slipstreamer Version 1.1 . Now download windows media player 10 installer (mp10setup.exe) in your language (or whatever language you are using), and run that batch file. It will guide you through how to integrate Media Player 10 to your i386 dir. This is the best solution, as it is the fastest and it works perfect by replacing your CDs Windows Media Player 9.

:whistle:

sorry, yesterday, i wanna to find a method to integrate wmp10 manually, not to use package done by other. today, i've studied the content of the batch file you suggest, and apprehended the methord.

thanx you and Bâshrat the Sneaky very much!!! :P