Version 3.5.1 Discussion

Version 3.5.1 has gone up!

Get it here!

Changelog -

Added in better support for windows 2003.

More code clean-up (in wpi.hta).

Fixed bug when checking defualts while in default theme.

3 more languages added.

Polish

Portugeuse

Hungarian

Disabled VideoChanger and the resart to allow for your developing and adding of programs.

To enable these features edit WPI.cmd in notepad and delete the two -- dash marks.

Remember to do this for both lines to re-enable these features.

Compressed VideoChanger.exe and FontInstaller.exe with upx for space saving.

Removed Viao theme and added it to the Themes thread.

You may wish to consider changing the config file of the program list a bit. It contains a serial number for Nero 6.6.0.8a. :blushing: You could change it to SN=****-****-****-****-****-**** This then ensures that if a user was to use the supplied script as a basis for their own script then they could easily replace this template with their serial.

Just a quick thought. Otherwise great app :thumbup

congratulations on another fine release, been using this on my unattended disks for a while now and it's getting better and better by the looks of it ;)

I had a couple of questions, but it all seems pretty straight forward now - nice 1 and thanks for a gr8 tool!

by the way, I think the download links are the same, I used the one on your homepage, either way - nero serial is still there, I'd hate to see you get your fingers burnt....

i think my last wpi was 3.3 .. i'd like to upgrade to 3.5 since it has support for my res 1280x1024 ..

but what's the easiest way to import my config from old v? just copy config.js file ?

and wpi.hta file gives me error about runtime ..

erro28xe.th.jpg

erro0tn.th.jpg

ahh.. shucks..

here's my useroption.js

//
// User defined options
//
var numCols=5;
var appsPerInstallWindow=40;
var secs=600;
var language='en';
var load_checks='default';
var discPath='';
var timer='off';
var ReallyForce='no';
var sorting=true;
var debugOn=false;
var debugLevel=1;
var alwaysUseScrollbar=true;
var dontSplitCats=true;
var disableOnDepsNotMet=false;
var showOptBtn=true;
var FiltersEnabled=false;
var installByCategory=false;
var sortorder=['Microsoft Xtras','Visual Styles','System','Office','PowerToys','Utilities','Internet','Games','Oberon Games','Registry Tweaks'];
var bgpicture='';
var resolution=1280;
var theme='Default';
Style[0]=["black","black","#FF00FF","#00FF00","","","","","","","","","","",200,"",2,2,10,10,51,0.4,0,"",""];

i don't think config.js contains info only for programs.. (serial keys and stuff). do u need to see that too?

lol, didn't get that first time.

i copied config and useroption.js and main.js from my old wpi to v3.5

before copying useroption .. vidresolutionchange.exe worked fine, but after copying useroption.js .. res change doesn't work..

and there still is bug .. can't use wpi 3.5 :(

Thanks for the new version. Some things about the WPI.cmd that bug me. Most of the options in WPI should be REM'd by default.

WPI should NOT reboot by default. Hard to test out if it keeps rebooting on you. It should be enabled by the user at the final stage just like how WPI has the option to hide additional buttons.

Fonts should not be installed automatically. It's not a necessity to WPI.

The display should only be changed to 1024x768 (800x600 is a bit small and most if not all monitors should be able to handle 1024) and the frequency should be 60Hz. A lot of LCD's can't handle 85Hz.

Other than that, WPI has worked pretty well. I hope development on it continues and more options become available.

These extras are just those you don't like them or need them delete them. For testing just use wpi.hta to call wpi. Most people use 1280x1024 and alot of progs REQUIRE a reboot to be fully functional.

The font thing I am personally on the fence over, I use it becuase I have custom fonts in my theme and other themes use custom fonts so technically it is part of the themes support Anyway it really is not going to hurt your system to have a couple of extra fonts install silently.

You may wish to consider changing the config file of the program list a bit.  It contains a serial number for Nero 6.6.0.8a.  :blushing:  You could change it to SN=****-****-****-****-****-**** This then ensures that if a user was to use the supplied script as a basis for their own script then they could easily replace this template with their serial. 

Just a quick thought. Otherwise great app  :thumbup

and the sane thing with winamp

lol

I think it would be a good idea if the old messages were removed, I mean, create a new thread everytime a new version comes out and remove the old threads after a few days or whatever... right? Because the posts above discuss solved issues B)

Just an idea...

3.5.1 is a nice job, promises continuous improvement :)

Take care