Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

XPize uAE 1.0

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

XPero

XPero

Father of XPize / Vize

• Developer
  • 1,912 posts
XPize is a resources transformation pack for Windows. It replaces most of the non-XP icons, avis and bmps that Microsoft has always overlooked. The installer simply automates the process of replacing resources in critical system files, making your XP's look better. XPize is compatible with Windows XP, 2003 and MCE Editions. The installer also comes with an Updater, which you can use after visiting Windows Update.

XPize uAE 1.0 has been optimized for unattended installations. Main features:

- Build on XPize 3.0 base
- Resources optimized and more files replaced
- No extras
- No uxtheme.dll patch
- No System Restore point creation
- No "i386 Patching" feature
- Lite file size

Silent switch /S Example:
ECHO.
ECHO Installing XPize uAE 1.0
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\XPize\XPize.exe /S

For a package with all features, download XPize 3.0.

Enjoy

XPero

Download @ DevART
Download @ MSFN

Attached Files

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

bonedaddy

bonedaddy

Bonafide Member

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
@Xpero

thanks, I'll give a silent install right now........

BD
Using WPI the best Post installer
Using W.A.I.T v23 the 2nd Best Post Installer

glent

glent

Tpyo Spceialist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
I noticed that the IE icon on the quick launch bar has no transparent background, it's white or light colour. There is also a black aura around the compter icon in system properties also around the computer icon in computer management

glent

glent

Tpyo Spceialist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
I did a manuall install and do not have those problems.

EDIT: I do see the black aura around the "my computer" in computer managment

XPero

XPero

Father of XPize / Vize

• Developer
  • 1,912 posts

I did a manuall install and do not have those problems.

EDIT: I do see the black aura around the "my computer" in computer managment

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this black border cannot be fixed. The main Computer managment icon is used also in that place. Since that main icon is 32 bit and the icon with black border has to be 8 bit, there is no way to fix it.
About the IE icon, I dont se that bug. Do you have 32 bit color configuration for your monitor?
I forgot to say: I removed all 8 and 16 bit image formats in icons, only 32 bit (XP) were kept.

XPero

DigeratiPrime

DigeratiPrime

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 3,550 posts
:w00t: Excellent will try this later!
Recommended Software: KeePass | Microsoft ICE | VisualWget | Vitamin D Video |

Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
Attached File  IE.jpg   1.76KB   36 downloads

this black border cannot be fixed. The main Computer managment icon is used also in that place. Since that main icon is 32 bit and the icon with black border has to be 8 bit, there is no way to fix it.
About the IE icon, I dont se that bug. Do you have 32 bit color configuration for your monitor?
I forgot to say: I removed all 8 and 16 bit image formats in icons, only 32 bit (XP) were kept.

XPero

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I checked again by uninstalling UA 1 and the icon is visible with the satellite ring around it, you can also see it on the all programs/IE shortcut but when i reinstall i get this

Edit: Yes my video settings were at 16 bit....not 32 bit and now the black border has gone from computer management icon

Edited by Ghostrider, 09 April 2005 - 03:59 PM.

XPero

XPero

Father of XPize / Vize

• Developer
  • 1,912 posts
@Ghostrider:
Looking at your screenshot, it seems to me that you have 16 bit color config in your monitor, am I right? Thats the problem. I've just kept 32-bit image formats in icons to reduce installer size and RAM consumption.

Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

@Ghostrider:
Looking at your screenshot, it seems to me that you have 16 bit color config in your monitor, am I right? Thats the problem. I've just kept 32-bit image formats in icons to reduce installer size and RAM consumption.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:yes: your right... i was running at 16 bit.... :blushing:

clavicle

clavicle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
@XPero

This whole thing works fine for me. I installed an unxpized windows and applied your prog and rebooted to see the colors!

nam265

nam265

Junior

• Pip
  • 70 posts
@Xpero

Many of my files are mod by me such as the Explorer.exe, msgina.dll, shell32.dll - for my favorite logon dialog, customized Start menu etc.
so, last time i was using the patch feature to get the files from installer and then apply them manually

Is there any way to only extracts all files out without install it?

thx looking forward for your reply

XPero

XPero

Father of XPize / Vize

• Developer
  • 1,912 posts

@Xpero

Many of my files are mod by me such as the Explorer.exe, msgina.dll, shell32.dll - for my favorite logon dialog, customized Start menu etc.
so, last time i was using the patch feature to get the files from installer and then apply them manually

Is there any way to only extracts all files out without install it?

thx looking forward for your reply

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In uAE there is no such possibility. I think I will add this feature to uAE next time. So normal XPize will be just for the general public, without any "advanced" feature.

nam265

nam265

Junior

• Pip
  • 70 posts
Thx Xpero for you reply

Looking forward for your Next version~

Slimy

Slimy

Front Page News Maniac

• PipPip
  • 270 posts
great work! i'm loving it, just have to figure out how to put it on my xp disc. very good work, only thing that doesn't work is the shut down box, still looks the same

I cover Microsoft news at One Microsoft Way

FoaMDarT

FoaMDarT

• 30 posts
Hi XPero. Thanks for the great mod!
Question...
If I run the XPize uAE Updater with the /S switch, will it update in the background silently. I've tried, and it runs silently right now, but I know there are no updates needed. I'm asking because I thought I could a put shortccut with the /S switch in the startup folder and never have to worry about remembering to run the updater.

XPero

XPero

Father of XPize / Vize

• Developer
  • 1,912 posts
@slimy:
do you mean the Royale shutdown box? It isnĀ“t available in uAE, because I think not everybody likes Royale style. Also, since uAE is intended for unattended installations, it wouldnt be a good idea to add this option because you wont be able to choose it or not. If many people wants the Royale shutdown box in uAE by default, just post here that you want it. I dont mind to add it in future releases.

@FoaMDarT:
I've never tried that. You can check if it works by replacing a non-XPized file and then running the Updater silently. If the file is patched again, it works :) Try and tell me please.

Thanks for the comments all of you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN