Black face plates for opticals?

Marke522

Has anyone seen a place that sells the faceplates for the DVD/CD rom drives?

I have a black tower with a few beige drives, and it looks a bit strange.

Also needing a black creative drive ir, and floppy. I would just paint them but then I would have no lables for the creative drive.

Thanks. Mark.

• 2 weeks later...
what do you mean by this? like having a front door on your case?

Stealthing the drive means you use any blank drive bay covers you have left over and use that to hide the optical drive.

while ago now some bright spark came up with the idea of hiding the fronts of their CD drives by using the blanking plates that came with their case, it didnt take long for the idea to catch and now it seems like a case mod isnt complete without having stealthed drives...

Link

@Char_0079:

How does the stealthing of the drives work if you've got the open/close buttons on the front of the drive? Do you just end up pressing the general area where the button would be to open the drive?

@Char_0079:

How does the stealthing of the drives work if you've got the open/close buttons on the front of the drive? Do you just end up pressing the general area where the button would be to open the drive?

I'm still working on the whole opoen/close "issue." I use CDR.exe to open my drives via the my computer menu. Not the most elegant soluiton, right clicking on the drive, but it works for me.