Maximus-Decim Native USB Drivers

Hi, I'm always me!

HELP ME PLEASE!

Maximus Decim USB 3.1 (Superb driver and tool!) stop working. I don't know why, but first all working superb!

Now, when I plug-in an USB device, the icon near Windows clock appear, but I can't unplug the drive from it. When I click on the icon nothing happened. This pop-up is missed:

No function working on left and right mouse button!

I could uninstall Maximus Decim USB 3.1 and reinstall again... but I don't Know how.

Or maybe there is a procedure to reestablish the correct working?

I have tried to reinstall Maximus Decim USB 3.1 over the existing Maximus Decim USB 3.1, but don't fix the problem.

Please Help me!

Thanx again (for all your work).

Maybe the problem is in my SYSTRAY.EXE, file Version is 4.90.0.3002 (ita), file size 67.072 byte (after Revolutions Pack 7-- patch).

I can't make this modify to solve my problem. The pattern 75 1B 52 68 is not present in my SYSTRAY.EXE:

Make sure that you have done Maximus Decim Native USB patch, and that the SYSTRAY.EXE Version is 4.10.0.2224, file size 27,648 bytes. Copy SYSTRAY.EXE to a temporary folder, then with a binary editor search for following byte pattern: 75 1B 52 68, once you find it, change the byte 75 with EB. What you will do is basically changing the instruction from "JNZ SHORT" (75) to certain address to "JMP SHORT" (EB) to certain address, thereby bypassing the "Unsafe Dialog".

Can you help me?

SYSTRAY.EXE file attached in this post.

Thanx

SYSTRAY_new.rar

Edited by lollo78

Hi, I'm always me!
HELP ME PLEASE!

Maximus Decim USB 3.1 (Superb driver and tool!) stop working. I don't know why, but first all working superb!

Now, when I plug-in an USB device, the icon near Windows clock appear, but I can't unplug the drive from it. When I click on the icon nothing happened. This pop-up is missed:

No function working on left and right mouse button!

I could uninstall Maximus Decim USB 3.1 and reinstall again... but I don't Know how.

Or maybe there is a procedure to reestablish the correct working?

I have tried to reinstall Maximus Decim USB 3.1 over the existing Maximus Decim USB 3.1, but don't fix the problem.

Please Help me!

Thanx again (for all your work).

Maybe the problem is in my SYSTRAY.EXE, file Version is 4.90.0.3002 (ita), file size 67.072 byte (after Revolutions Pack 7-- patch).

I can't make this modify to solve my problem. The pattern 75 1B 52 68 is not present in my SYSTRAY.EXE:

Make sure that you have done Maximus Decim Native USB patch, and that the SYSTRAY.EXE Version is 4.10.0.2224, file size 27,648 bytes. Copy SYSTRAY.EXE to a temporary folder, then with a binary editor search for following byte pattern: 75 1B 52 68, once you find it, change the byte 75 with EB. What you will do is basically changing the instruction from "JNZ SHORT" (75) to certain address to "JMP SHORT" (EB) to certain address, thereby bypassing the "Unsafe Dialog".

Can you help me?

SYSTRAY.EXE file attached in this post.

Thanx

In your attachment systray is 4.90.0.3002, not 4.10.0.2224.

However I've done, changed byte 75 with EB.

Let me know absolutely. ;)

SYSTRAY_modified.rar

Edited by Max_04

Let me know absolutely.

Hi max, thank you for your reply.

Your modified file stop the "Unsafe Dialog" :thumbup , but is the old 4.10.0.2224. I would like to modify the new 4.90.0.3002.

However, my problem remain.

All the windows (dialog) present in Hotplug.dll don't appear when I clic on the USB icon in the system tray. See my first post, please.

Is like if the Hotplug.dll file is not loaded.

Bye

Edited by lollo78

Does this work with Windows 98 NOT second edition?

If you use Windows 98 NOT second edition you must replace systray.exe 4.10.2224 with older version.

What? Sorry, maybe I didn't explain well. I want to be able to use USB storage devices, like a flash drive, on Windows 98, non second edition. The info on the first page said they were for window 98 se. Are there any usb drivers for windows 98 regular is my question.

Does this work with Windows 98 NOT second edition?

If you use Windows 98 NOT second edition you must replace systray.exe 4.10.2224 with older version.

What? Sorry, maybe I didn't explain well. I want to be able to use USB storage devices, like a flash drive, on Windows 98, non second edition. The info on the first page said they were for window 98 se. Are there any usb drivers for windows 98 regular is my question.

USB drivers work well on win98 normal, all this difference doesn't exist....

Before I've said, to install Maximum-Decim Native USB Drivers on win98 normal you must replace that file, all here.

Max04 tells you, that you are able to use Maximum Decims usb drivers for win 98 FE, you just need to modify the package a little. He just forgot to tell which version of systray.exe you needed... If you don't want to spend time getting into making these packages, I can make you the newest one, if you find me the needed file.

Pardon my ignorance. :blushing:

What file do I need to find? Any old version of systray.exe that's before 4.10.2224?

What do I do when I find that file? I would greatly appreciate it if someone made a windows 98 fe package or something, and I'll get that file for oyu but I need to know what file...

Again, I'm sorry for the hassle.

When someone who knows anything about how the stuff works, gives you a version number and you have obtained that file, send me a private message and I'll make you a version for win 98 fe. I only know to compress the files into an executable file.

What file do I need to find? Any old version of systray.exe that's before 4.10.2224?

What do I do when I find that file? I would greatly appreciate it if someone made a windows 98 fe package or something, and I'll get that file for oyu but I need to know what file...

If you have a CD of Windows 98 (not SE) you can take file from there.

After, compress file in a zip and send it in attachment in a post.

Edited by Max_04

If you have a CD of Windows 98 (not SE) you can take file from there.

After, compress file in a zip and send it in attachment in a post.

Follow these indications and let us know. :hello:

Don't think the cd still is around... it may have never existed, actually.

The machine's an ancient Compaq and had windows 98 pre-installed.

Could I find the necessary file for upload on the computer somewhere (like C:/windows) and copy it over here and upload it?

I will look for a CD, but I doubt I have one.