Maximus-Decim Native USB Drivers

I have noticed several people requesting support for specific camera models.

Tip:

My sister and I are both published photographers, and at present, have eight cameras between us which we use on occasion, plus a few others on the shelf we no longer use, but used at one time.

As the more drivers you have the larger your reg file, I have never installed camera specific drivers, but just used a card reader to move the images from the camera to the computer.

Even folks who have only one camera, will be likely to have a different one at some time in the future, necessitating ANOTHER driver be installed - If you just use a card reader, you will not have to install anything, no matter what camera you, or your friend, took the picture with. In addition, if you carry a card reader with your camera, you can generally transfer pictures to almost any computer using anything later than 98SE, OR 98SE if the person who owns the computer has installed this excellent package.

:blink: Need Driver for "Sandisk Cruzer Micro Skin(Silver/ in color) 4.0gb-flashdrive"-as will not open on 98SE,Win2000,XP???...it lists as Vista compatible? on ultra fast MoBo's.Any help as Sandisk "drivers"not workin' in 98SE!!! :wacko: Unknown driver shown in 98SE and useful on Win2000/XP only to copy files ,yet drive does not "Fully open!"as it should? :blushing: Still in need of proper 98SE driver though returned product and exchanged for 8gb/Sandisk Micro(Black/in color) Cruzer (*Easier user interface in all OperatingSystems :thumbup ) Edited by thydreamwalker

• 4 weeks later...
Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 has Newer USB drivers someone should check it out :hello:

look in the Wceusbsh.inf

I had a look and it appears to be only Pocket PC devices listed...

BTW MD, The Windows XP SP3 USBSTOR.INF adds three more Sony Memory Stick Reader/Writer devices, and also a Casio Digital Camera device.

Edited by RetroOS

• 3 weeks later...

I installed usb drives from the following site. http://www.technical-assistance.co.uk/kb/usbmsd98.php. I was able to get my flash drives working but i connect to the internet using a Trendnet adapter to connect using ethernet to the usb port. (my computer only has 1 port and an old xjack connector but i do not have a phone line connection) I installed the drives because i could not us a thumb drive. Well after loading the drives, for the memory stick, my TRENDnet adaptor no longer worked. I get an error saying that i need to install new drivers. So i believe these drivers are not compatable. My os is 98FE.

I also get an error in my device manager for "ACPI battery" code 2 could not load drivers. Both of thes problems only occurred after loading the usb drivers.

I would like to know if there is a fix for this, or if not, how to isolate the new drivers and remove them. Any other drivers that would work?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest 98lover

Hi!

I just installed Maximus Decim Native USB ver.3.3 and all of my eight usb devices worked perfectly, congratulations to the man that created this drivers.

The quesion is... my Windows 98 SE is a brazilian version, so after i installed the package some parts of the operating system were in english.

There is a way to restore this parts to the original brazilian language of my operating system?

Edited by 98lover

Grab and install the following updates: Q242975brz8, BR291362 and BREXPL98. This ought to get you back to PT-BR. You may have to unpack the latter with WinZip, WinRAR or 7-zip and install their files (user*.* and explorer.exe) by hand from pure DOS, in case you have higher numbered versions already installed...

Edited by dencorso

Guest 98lover
Grab and install the following updates: Q242975brz8, BR291362 and BREXPL98. This ought to get you back to PT-BR. You may have to unpack the latter with WinZip, WinRAR or 7-zip and install their files (user*.* and explorer.exe) by hand from pure DOS, in case you have higher numbered versions already installed...

My 98 SE is a original brazilian version with all the official updates installed from Windows Update and have no unofficial updates, except the Maximus Decim Native USB drivers.

There is a problem if i install this three updates that you recommended to restore the english parts to brazilian parts? Some of this three updates can damaged my system if i have lower versions files?

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a quick way to determine which version of NUSB I have installed on my 98SE system?

I'm thinking the last update I did was using Autopatcher around Aug-Sept 2007, but perhaps have got a newer version installed since then by other means. How can I quickly determine which one I have installed?

Thanks!

Maximus Decim Native USB ver.3.3

------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Native (without installation of additional drivers for each type) support USB flash drives, digital photo

and videocameras and other similar devices.

*Universal Stack USB 2.0 (without installation of additional drivers for each chipsets) with uninstall.

1.Remove ALL drivers USB flash drives.

2.Remove ALL drivers USB 2.0 controllers.

3.Remove ALL unknown devices.

4.Install NUSB 3.3 and reboot.

5.After detection new USB 2.0 controllers (if it will occur) too it is necessary to be reboot.

Remember! You install it at own risk!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't find NativeUSB 3.x Uninstall anywhere in Add/Remove programs.

Does #2 mean remove root hubs and Intel82371AB/EB PCI to USB Host Controller from Device Manager?

Or is there another way to remove the existing NUSB 3.x? I know some version of NUSB was installed

the last time I ran Autopatcher (summer 2007), but I'm not sure how to remove it?

Will upgrading to 3.3 possibly fix the issue described here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=131193?