Maximus-Decim Native USB Drivers

All versions of NUSB depend to some extent on Windows ME. :}

As dencorso said, some files may never display any errors or messages, so their localization may not matter. NUSB 3.3 doesn't use the ME USB 1.1 drivers, but still uses USBSTOR, USBNTMAP, etc.

All versions of NUSB depend to some extent on Windows ME. :}

As dencorso said, some files may never display any errors or messages, so their localization may not matter. NUSB 3.3 doesn't use the ME USB 1.1 drivers, but still uses USBSTOR, USBNTMAP, etc.

For simplicity now I decided to translate NUSB2.2 . If the usual messages (belonging to NUSB) are displayed in hungarian, it wold be enough.

But now I encountered a problem. I wanted to get 239696HUN8.EXE and 291362HUN.EXE from MS, but MS closed every

support below Windows XP. MS homepage does not allow me to choose Windows 98SE when wanted to contat them. What can I do?

I did check that before replying.

The hotfixes are there, all right, but there simply are *no* Hungarian versions for those two. :(

I wouldn't have been as assertive as I did in my previous post, if I hadn't. :whistle:

The hotfixes are there, all right, but there simply are *no* Hungarian versions for those two. :(

I wouldn't have been as assertive as I did in my previous post, if I hadn't. :whistle:

I figured that you had probably checked. :angel

I was in the process of pulling that breakdown out of my slipstream notes when you posted, and once I had gone to the trouble of extracting it, I thought I would go ahead and post it, it may be of future use. Myself having never checked for other language versions, I figured sorbit4 could give it a shot...

Edited by LoneCrusader

What we failed to say, though, is that User.exe 4.10.2231 - Q291362 and IOS.VXD 4.10.2225 - Q239696 are not fundamental for the correct functioning of NUSB, AFAIK, so that if sorbit4 makes a backup of his current Hungarian versions and then replaces, in DOS, those files added by NUSB by those Hungarian version backups, chances are it'll still work OK. It's not really quite a long shot.

I figured that you had probably checked. :angel

I was in the process of pulling that breakdown out of my slipstream notes when you posted, and once I had gone to the trouble of extracting it, I thought I would go ahead and post it, it may be of future use. Myself having never checked for other language versions, I figured sorbit4 could give it a shot...

I will try it. But before installing, I want know what is your opinion about R. Loew general USB Mass storage driver. Is it good for pendrives too? Is anybody tested it?

It is quite small Ithink it does not bother the system messages.

I will try it. But before installing, I want know what is your opinion about R. Loew general USB Mass storage driver. Is it good for pendrives too? Is anybody tested it?

It is quite small Ithink it does not bother the system messages.

I have not personally used that particular package, but I have many other packages and updates created by R. Loew. You can rely on anything he distributes to be high quality. :thumbup

This, combined with your Intel USB2 drivers you mentioned before, may be a working alternate solution if you are unable to localize NUSB.

Edited by LoneCrusader

I want know what is your opinion about R. Loew general USB Mass storage driver. Is it good for pendrives too?

Yes, Rloew's very tiny USB Mass Storage Driver works on pen drives. It lacks the sophistication of NUSB, such as the ability to handle multi-card readers.

I want know what is your opinion about R. Loew general USB Mass storage driver. Is it good for pendrives too?

Yes, Rloew's very tiny USB Mass Storage Driver works on pen drives. It lacks the sophistication of NUSB, such as the ability to handle multi-card readers.

Thank for the info. I tried R.Loew tiny driver. It works altogh the pen drive recognition is quite funny. Every time when you plug in a new pendrive, you must point to the inf file.

It does not use the system tray, but it can be used so I will remain with it. But I was suprised that Intel did not make USB2.0 for Win98Se (only USB1.1). The data transfer is quite slow.

Ofcourse it did, and all its SouthBridges, since ICH4 do include USB 2.0 hardware support. You, however, need an USB 2.0 stack to use it. I'm positive Intel did release drivers for USB 2.0 under 98SE. Were it a Via SouthBridge, I'd already have pointed you to the right package, but I'm much less familiar with older Intel drivers.

I'd already have pointed you to the right package, but I'm much less familiar with older Intel drivers.

:D

Never fear, lol, almost all (95%+) of my hardware is Intel Chipset based. We will get to the bottom of this!

But I was suprised that Intel did not make USB2.0 for Win98Se (only USB1.1). The data transfer is quite slow.

:blink:

I thought you said you had Intel USB 2.0 Drivers, because you asked if you should uninstall them when you first asked about NUSB?

If your Intel USB2 driver package works like the one I have, when you run the "installer" it doesn't really install anything. :wacko:

All it does is extract itself to C:\WINDOWS\DRIVERS\. This is, shall we say, less than helpful. If it extracted itself to C:\WINDOWS\INF\, it would be useful, but I digress.

Go into your Device Manager and see if your USB2 hubs are properly recognized. If they show up as unknown devices, remove them, and reboot. When asked for the location of the driver, point the installer to C:\WINDOWS\DRIVERS\ or wherever your package has extracted itself.

But I was suprised that Intel did not make USB2.0 for Win98Se (only USB1.1). The data transfer is quite slow.

:blink:

I thought you said you had Intel USB 2.0 Drivers, because you asked if you should uninstall them when you first asked about NUSB?

If your Intel USB2 driver package works like the one I have, when you run the "installer" it doesn't really install anything. :wacko:

All it does is extract itself to C:\WINDOWS\DRIVERS\. This is, shall we say, less than helpful. If it extracted itself to C:\WINDOWS\INF\, it would be useful, but I digress.

Go into your Device Manager and see if your USB2 hubs are properly recognized. If they show up as unknown devices, remove them, and reboot. When asked for the location of the driver, point the installer to C:\WINDOWS\DRIVERS\ or wherever your package has extracted itself.

Now I know that I was failed. I never knew why was an unknown PCI USB controller device in the Device Manager list, altough there were normally listed the Intel USB controllers and hubs.Because the hardware is USB2.0 capable, I thought that the driver is too. I installed the R.Low driver and I detected the slow speed with a pen drive. Then I realised that the driver is only for USB1.1. Today I began to search for a USB2.0 (orange) driver and then installed it. Then the USB2 controller device is uppaered in the Dev. Man. list and the unknonwn device is disappeared. But the transfer speed does not changed. I thought that the R. Low driver connected itself with the USB1.1 driver because when it was installed, there was not USB2.0 controller driver. I do not know how to uninsta it, so I decided to uninstall the Win98SE then install again with the hardware drivers first (with the orange driver) and then the R. Low driver. Now is everithing is ok. The pendrive is identified as USB2.0 Mas Storage Device and the trasfer speed is sinificantly improved.

Ps. Now I read the readme of Intel. So you are right. I should delete the Unknown PCI to USB Host Controller. I was missed because I run the setup. Maybe Intel has USB2.0 driver for Win98SE?

Edited by sorbit4

Now I know that I was failed. I never knew why was an unknown PCI USB controller device in the Device Manager list, altough there were normally listed the Intel USB controllers and hubs.Because the hardware is USB2.0 capable, I thought that the driver is too. I installed the R.Low driver and I detected the slow speed with a pen drive. Then I realised that the driver is only for USB1.1. Today I began to search for a USB2.0 (orange) driver and then installed it. Then the USB2 controller device is uppaered in the Dev. Man. list and the unknonwn device is disappeared. But the transfer speed does not changed. I thought that the R. Low driver connected itself with the USB1.1 driver because when it was installed, there was not USB2.0 controller driver. I do not know how to uninsta it, so I decided to uninstall the Win98SE then install again with the hardware drivers first (with the orange driver) and then the R. Low driver. Now is everithing is ok. The pendrive is identified as USB2.0 Mas Storage Device and the trasfer speed is sinificantly improved.

Ps. Now I read the readme of Intel. So you are right. I should delete the Unknown PCI to USB Host Controller. I was missed because I run the setup. Maybe Intel has USB2.0 driver for Win98SE?

I'm glad to hear you're up and running at USB2.0 speeds. :thumbup

I'm not sure what you mean by this however :unsure:

Maybe Intel has USB2.0 driver for Win98SE?

Do you mean the drivers you just installed, or do you mean a Mass Storage Device driver?

dencorso,

Whenever you have some free time can you update USBSTOR.INF with the updates from the link below?

Here are some new devices that can be added hopefully.

;
; EUIOSSM.INF --- SCM Microsystems Inc Win9x USB SmartMedia Port Driver INF
;
; Copyright (C) SCM Microsystems Inc 1998-1999
;

[Version]
signature="$CHICAGO$"
Class=SCMUsbMass
Provider=%SCM%

[ClassInstall]
AddReg=SCMUsbMass.AddReg

[SCMUsbMass.AddReg]
HKR,,,0,%SCMUsbMass%
HKR,,Icon,0,-20

[Manufacturer]
%SCM%=SCM

[SCM]
%USB_PDR.DeviceDesc% = euiossm, *PSCMEUSBSMPDR

[DestinationDirs]
DefaultDestDir = 12

[SourceDisksNames]
1=%DISK1%,,

[SourceDiskFiles]
euiossm.pdr=1

[euiossm]
AddReg = euiossm.AddReg
CopyFiles = euiossm.CopyFiles

[euiossm.CopyFiles]
euiossm.pdr

[euiossm.AddReg]
HKR,,DevLoader,,*IOS
HKR,,PortDriver,,euiossm.pdr

[Strings]
SCM="SCM Microsystems"
SCMUsbMass="USB Port driver"
DISK1="eUSB Driver Disk"
USB_PDR.DeviceDesc="eUSB MSD Adapter"

;
; EUSBSM.INF - INF file for SCM Microsystems Inc eUSB SM Products
;
; Currently defines eUSB SSFDC
;
; Copyright (C) SCM Microsystems Inc. 1998-2000
;

[Version]
signature="$CHICAGO$"
Class=USB
ClassGUID={36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}
Provider=%SCM%

[DestinationDirs]
DefaultDestDir = 11; // LDID_SYS
EUsbSm.CopyFiles = 11; // %windir%\system
UsbPdr.CopyFiles = 12; // %windir%\system\iosubsys
PdrInf.CopyFiles = 10, INF\OTHER;

[SourceDisksNames]
1=%DISK1%,,

[SourceDiskFiles]
eusbsm.sys=1
euiossm.pdr=1
euiossm.inf=1

[Manufacturer]
%SCM%=SCM.Section

[SCM.Section]
%USB\VID_04E6&PID_0003.DeviceDesc%=EUsbSm.Dev, USB\VID_04E6&PID_0003

[Start]
HKLM,Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\Setup,%Startup%,,"%01%\..\LAUNCH.EXE"

[EUsbSm.Dev]
AddReg = EUsbSm.AddReg,Start
CopyFiles = EUsbSm.CopyFiles, UsbPdr.CopyFiles, PdrInf.CopyFiles

[EUsbSm.AddReg]
HKR,,DevLoader,0,*ntkern
HKR,,NTMPDriver,0,eusbsm.sys

[EUsbSm.CopyFiles]
eusbsm.sys

[UsbPdr.CopyFiles]
euiossm.pdr

[PdrInf.CopyFiles]
euiossm.inf