Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Maximus-Decim Native USB Drivers

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
786 replies to this topic

maximus-decim

maximus-decim

Junior

• Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 08-February 05
Maximus Decim Native USB ver.3.3
------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Native (without installation of additional drivers for each type) support USB flash drives, digital photo
and videocameras and other similar devices.
*Universal Stack USB 2.0 (without installation of additional drivers for each chipsets) with uninstall.
1.Remove ALL drivers USB flash drives.
2.Remove ALL drivers USB 2.0 controllers.
3.Remove ALL unknown devices.
4.Install NUSB 3.3 and reboot.
5.After detection new USB 2.0 controllers (if it will occur) too it is necessary to be reboot.
Remember! You install it at own risk!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
English: http://rapidshare.co...usb33e.exe.html
Russian: http://rapidshare.co...usb33r.exe.html

What's new?
*Add CDVSD.VXD 4.90.3004
*USBSTOR.INF 1.08 - add EKE USB Floppy (VID_0424&PID_0FDC), add USBCompliance (for usbu2a.sys), small fix for USB FDD

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Drugwash

Drugwash

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts
  • Joined 21-June 06
I wonder how long do I have to wait until this version makes it to http://www.technical...kb/usbmsd98.php, considering you know very well I can't download anything from rapidsh!t. :(

PassingBy

PassingBy

• PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Joined 12-June 07
Hmm .....

I never upload to rapidshare ...

Please check which version of W98 you are using ...

Nusb32e W98SE is offered by Maximus Decim (and is available for download thru his preferred site) ...

Nusb32 W98FE went thru extra compatiblity and stability testing to help ensure its fitness for its purpose ... thus was only released a day or two ago ...

I believe it won't be long before both will be picked up by technical-assistance site ...

Rgds

Edited by PassingBy, 16 November 2007 - 06:36 AM.

Max_04

Max_04

Unofficial Service Packs Italian Releaser

• PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Joined 14-June 06
Maximus Decim Native USB ver.3.3 English:
http://www.xzshare.it/667486
Posted Image

Italian localizer for free (not for bastard sellers on ebay).

Many thanks to MDGx, Tihiy, Petr, Gape, Soporific!

http://www.eng2ita.net

Drugwash

Drugwash

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts
  • Joined 21-June 06
Grazie tanto, Max! This one was a killer regarding adverts, but at least I could download the file. :thumbup

Max_04

Max_04

Unofficial Service Packs Italian Releaser

• PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Joined 14-June 06

Grazie tanto, Max! This one was a killer regarding adverts, but at least I could download the file. :thumbup

Dall'Italia con amore. You're welcome. :hello:
Posted Image

Italian localizer for free (not for bastard sellers on ebay).

Many thanks to MDGx, Tihiy, Petr, Gape, Soporific!

http://www.eng2ita.net

bizzybody

bizzybody

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Joined 08-May 05
Is it possible to remove a bad install of version 3.2 without having to reinstall Windows? I have a Compaq Presario 5610 with the Intel BX chipset and a 400Mhz Pentium II.

I installed 98SE, then Intel chipset drivers from 2001 (one of the last that will actually install drivers in 98SE!), followed by the drivers for audio, Adaptec 1394, DirectX 8.1 and the drivers for the Hercules Kyro AGP videocard.

Then NUSB 3.2 and *boom* it blows up. :(

After installing version 3.2, explorer.exe crashes during boot, even in safe mode.

EXPLORER caused an exception 6d007fH in module
EXPLORER.EXE at 017f:004093e8.

It's always so much *fun* when Explorer shoots itself.

This was the *second* go-round with this blowing up on this PC. The first time I installed NUSB immediately after Windows. I figured the reason it failed was because I hadn't installed the Intel chipset drivers first. This is the only PC I've ever had NUSB cause such trouble on.

I wonder if it's a conflict with the USB controller in the BX chipset, or could it be something with the Adaptec AIC-5800AP 1394 controller on the motherboard?

If you want to ask "Why did you install version 3.2?" it's because I hadn't checked the thread in a while and din't know version 3.3 was released.

P.S. I booted with a DOS floppy and checked explorer.exe and user.exe have both been replaced with the versions in NUSB.

Edited by bizzybody, 16 November 2007 - 09:14 PM.

BenoitRen

BenoitRen

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Joined 21-October 06
I'd like to try these drivers on Windows 95 OSR2, but I'm worried that it will hose my system or not be properly uninstallable. It also seems to depend on the IE shell. :(
Using Windows 95 OSR 2.5
SeaMonkey - surfing the net has never been so suite
Posted ImageLight Blue Ribbon Campaign for Freedom of Skin

dencorso

dencorso

Iuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Supervisor
  • 6,089 posts
  • Joined 07-April 07

Donator

If you make an image of the system's partition before starting, you can always restore it afterwards, no matter how messed up the system gets. You can use symantec ghost one of its competitors to do so. Or make a full copy (clone copy) to another partition (preferably on a different hard disk) with the freeware XXCOPY. Both ways work well, but the image strategy is less prone to mistakes, and quicker. HTH

Edited by dencorso, 20 November 2007 - 02:53 PM.

PassingBy

PassingBy

• PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Joined 12-June 07
Hmmm .....

NUSB won't work on win95c ... period ...

However, I was/am/will-be looking into the possibility of having broader usb support on win95c ... It's not going to be easy getting nusb 98 working on 95c as there's many dependencies missing (the critical ones are missing from the ntkern.vxd) ... chances for usb 2.0 on win95c looks bleak but never say never ! (M-D's NUSB is proof that it is possible for win98) ...

The major problem on win95c is working & compatible drivers ... It's possible to patch-in some things like eject-from-tray stuff but there's still a long way to go ... It's on my to-do list for the near future but no time frame has been set ...

Rgds

dencorso

dencorso

Iuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Supervisor
  • 6,089 posts
  • Joined 07-April 07

Donator

Does NTKERN.VXD from Win 98 FE load in Win 95C OSR2.5 and crash the system or does it refuse to load?
If the latter, maybe my downversion patching trick might work here too... I can do it for you, if you want me to, just upload both NTKERN.VXDs (the original from Win 95C OSR2.5 and the one from Win 98FE) to rapidshare or wherever you prefer and PM me the link. I cannot test the result, however, 'cause I don't have any Win 95 system, nor can set up one any time soon, though.

PassingBy

PassingBy

• PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Joined 12-June 07
Hmmm .....

The versioning trick does not work. It probably have some other dependencies elsewhere ... I did an experiment much much earlier by extracting all vmm32 and recombine it back with the patched ntkern and it goes 'huh?' on me ...

There's an exta 5 or 6 functions in ntkern win98 that is missing from win95. I haven't given it much thought yet on how to overcome this ... For now, I'm planning to find working generic drivers to support pendrives (done), usb fdd (done), usb hdd (not yet), usb CF/SD/MS (not yet) and usb cdrw (not yet).

I have already made an unofficial usb support update for win95 that combines usbsupp+usbupd2+usbqfe into one single package. Also included is generic drivers for usb pendrives and usb fdd. So, there's still a long way to go to complete this package.

Rgds

ole1105

ole1105
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 10-October 07
Thanks Maximus Decim :thumbup

I made the SPANISH version of Native USB for Win98SE ver. 3.3. You can find it at this link.

Direct link: http://rapidshare.co...54/nUSB33sp.zip

Thanks again to all of us.

Edited by ole1105, 23 November 2007 - 06:16 PM.

chillinfart

chillinfart

Junior

• Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Joined 08-April 07

Thanks Maximus Decim :thumbup

I made the SPANISH version of Native USB for Win98SE ver. 3.3. You can find it at this link.
Thanks again to all of us.

:blink: :thumbup
Ya era hora.

Philco

Philco

• PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Joined 24-June 06
Czech build Maxim Decimus NUSB v. 3.3 (only for czech version Windows 98 SE)
(Česká verze ovladače USB od Maxim Decimus verze 3.3 pouze pro české windows 98 Druhé vydání)

http://www.winpack.o...d.php?soubor=27 Posted Image

thx Maxim Decimus and Dencorso!
Posted Image
czech localization NUSB, BigHDD & UberSkin - homepage czech project: Winpack.org and windows98.ic.cz

niknak

niknak

• 28 posts
  • Joined 29-April 07
BenoitRen

There are already generic drivers for Win 95 OSR2x
See this link http://toastytech.co...ruzerwin95.html
You will need to know the PID & VID details of the device you wish to connect, to check if the device has been included & to modify the inf file if they havn't. I used an XP system for that (system manager, click on USB devices to expand them, right click your new device, properties, detail tab. I did a cut and paste to notepad so I knew I had all the detail and it was transferable to w95)

I saved my modified files to a floppy which I used as the driver disk, and now I can use various flash drives from 512MB to 8GB with no problems on a Win 95 OSR2 machine which has been updated with all the fixes on MDGx site. This machine is stable and has not let me down in the last 6 years this mod was added 6 months ago.
:thumbup

Edited by niknak, 25 November 2007 - 03:43 PM.

softstag

softstag
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 11-January 06

I wonder how long do I have to wait until this version makes it to http://www.technical...kb/usbmsd98.php, considering you know very well I can't download anything from rapidsh!t. :(

Sorry for the delay, I've been away. This is now uploaded :D

BenoitRen

BenoitRen

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Joined 21-October 06

BenoitRen

There are already generic drivers for Win 95 OSR2x
See this link http://toastytech.co...ruzerwin95.html

That's what I already use. Works great for flash sticks, but it doesn't seem to work for USB hard drives. Well, at least not correctly; it installs a USB Mass Storage Port, but the drive doesn't appear.

Thanks for the thought, though, and for the info on how to modify it for unrecognised flash sticks. Might come in handy in the future. :)
Using Windows 95 OSR 2.5

niknak

niknak

• 28 posts
  • Joined 29-April 07
BenoitRen

My USB 500GB HDD is not seen in W95 in fact it won't see a 40GB, I think it is due to 32GB size limit imposed in Win 95.
I use a GWC - USB to IDE converter with the above driver (http://www.gwctech.c...etail.asp?id=20)
This allows me to use a 30GB HD as a mass storage device with no problems :yes: . This is an improvement on my 8GB HD bios limit :( .

The supplied GWC drivers allow a 120GB drive to be seen in W98SE on my version which is now 3 years old, I have yet to try the new drivers that are available to see if that has been improved. This is unlikely, as an unmodified W2000 is limited to 137GB but if the reg is patched it will happily see the larger harddrives with the converter without the installation of additional drivers. (My Win98SE does not like NUSB drivers by MD)

Anyone got a 750GB HD driver for windows 95????

Edited by niknak, 27 November 2007 - 07:05 AM.

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,865 posts
  • Joined 18-September 03
HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAHA Really time for an upgrade of your os m8!

Plus your in the wrong thread look down a fes threads for the "Enable48BitLBA | Break the 137Gb barrier!" thread you'll get better help in that thread.

galahs

galahs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Joined 01-December 05
I have used a 320GB, single partition, FAT32, USB2 Hard Disk on a Windows 98SE system using just the NUSB update (didn't have the Enable48BitLBA update installed)

Worked without a hitch and I tested it beyond the 137GB barrier.

The disk (seagate ide 16MB buffer) came with NTFS pre-installed on it, so I had to use a neat program "swissknife 3.22" http://www.compuapps.../swissknife.htm to create a large single FAT32 formatted partition.

I actually used the program on a WinXp box, but the program says it works in Win 95b/98/me/2000/XP/NT 4.0

Posted Image
Australia, it's time we became a Republic!

BenoitRen

BenoitRen

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Joined 21-October 06

32GB size limit imposed in Win 95

What? That's WinXP's limit for FAT32. Anyway, USB HDDs don't use the same driver.
Using Windows 95 OSR 2.5

galahs

galahs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Joined 01-December 05
Just to clarify, WinXp supports FAT32 hard disks bigger than 32GB... it just doesn't let you create (or format) them from within WinXP or from its bootcd.

Posted Image
Australia, it's time we became a Republic!

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,865 posts
  • Joined 18-September 03
SP1, SP1a and SP2 DOES allow that...

eidenk

eidenk

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Joined 28-March 05

32GB size limit imposed in Win 95

What? That's WinXP's limit for FAT32. Anyway, USB HDDs don't use the same driver.

So what are the limits for IDE HDD size on Win95 ? Same as unpatched 98SE/ME ?
Asus A8V Deluxe - Athlon 64 FX-55 2.6Ghz - 1GB DDRAM 400 - Windows ME (IE 5.5 SP2 Shell) + KernelEx 4.0 and Revolutions Pack 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users