Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Maximus-Decim Native USB Drivers

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
786 replies to this topic

TmEE

TmEE

Mega Drive Modding Master

• PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Joined 17-September 08
One thing I really like about NUSB36 is that it is superfast and I no longer have to click next next next next to get driver installed. Just plug in some USB thing and it installs in couple of seconds !
NUSB36 also fixed a system hang problem that sometimes happened when I unplugged any of my USB memory sticks. (and now the slow SP3.CAB scanning on my Pentium1 machine is limited to networking, USB stuff moves super fast now thanks to NUSB36 install :) )
Posted Image Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

The Resurrector for old Windows OS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

One thing I really like about NUSB36 is that it is superfast and I no longer have to click next next next next to get driver installed. Just plug in some USB thing and it installs in couple of seconds !
NUSB36 also fixed a system hang problem that sometimes happened when I unplugged any of my USB memory sticks. (and now the slow SP3.CAB scanning on my Pentium1 machine is limited to networking, USB stuff moves super fast now thanks to NUSB36 install :) )

This tells me one or two things, you either have a hardware problem or you didn't follow instructions. You seem to be the only one with the SP3.CAB scanning issue. Since I can't reproduce the problem you are having and others are not witnessing, I can't help you.

The instructions were followed, and as far as functionality it appears the machine is working fine. The first thing I tested was the ability for the machine to recognize and then install the drivers for a number of USB memory sticks. Every one I tried worked, and all of them were correctly identified during the install process. I have USB drives from 128Mb to 16Gb in size. As I said before, all of them were recognized and installed to a drive letter just fine. Hooray!!!

Believe God is the Alpha and Omega.
Believe Jesus Christ died for our sins.
Repent for your sins now or there will be
BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

TmEE

TmEE

• PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Joined 17-September 08
When I put that same HDD into a more powerful machine there won't be any problem with the SP3.CAB scanning speed, it is purely stuck at the speed of the Pentium1 machine. Increasing RAM would not change anything (already got 256MB on it). The file is probably bigger than it was in previous iterations of the SP and I did follow instructions, spot on. No erros, no problems, things just work.

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

The Resurrector for old Windows OS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

When I put that same HDD into a more powerful machine there won't be any problem with the SP3.CAB scanning speed, it is purely stuck at the speed of the Pentium1 machine. Increasing RAM would not change anything (already got 256MB on it). The file is probably bigger than it was in previous iterations of the SP and I did follow instructions, spot on. No erros, no problems, things just work.

Apparently it must be a hardware problem then since you follow instuctions.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD, 31 August 2012 - 08:40 PM.

Believe God is the Alpha and Omega.
Believe Jesus Christ died for our sins.
Repent for your sins now or there will be
BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

fortcollins

fortcollins

Junior

• Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined 26-November 08
The instrutions say:

Maximus Decim Native USB ver.3.6
------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Native (without installation of additional drivers for each type) support USB flash drives, digital photo
and videocameras and other similar devices.
*Universal Stack USB 2.0 (without installation of additional drivers for each chipsets) with uninstall.
1.Remove ALL drivers USB flash drives.
2.Remove ALL drivers USB 2.0 controllers.
3.Remove ALL USB 1.1 and 2.0 controllers and devices.
4.Remove ALL unknown devices.

Do these instructions mean that I only need go into device manager, locate these devices, and click the remove button to remove these devices,
or, if I have installed device specific drivers that came with flash drives and usb controller cards, I am supposed to track all of them down and figure out how to uninstall them?

bizzybody

bizzybody

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Joined 08-May 05

The instrutions say:

Maximus Decim Native USB ver.3.6
------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Native (without installation of additional drivers for each type) support USB flash drives, digital photo
and videocameras and other similar devices.
*Universal Stack USB 2.0 (without installation of additional drivers for each chipsets) with uninstall.
1.Remove ALL drivers USB flash drives.
2.Remove ALL drivers USB 2.0 controllers.
3.Remove ALL USB 1.1 and 2.0 controllers and devices.
4.Remove ALL unknown devices.

Do these instructions mean that I only need go into device manager, locate these devices, and click the remove button to remove these devices,
or, if I have installed device specific drivers that came with flash drives and usb controller cards, I am supposed to track all of them down and figure out how to uninstall them?

All individual USB Mass Storage drivers have to be removed. This driver package installs a universal driver for that. Check Add/Remove Programs first for uninstalling any USB drivers. That will remove the inf and driver files for them, if the install package included a properly done uninstall routine. If you just yank them out through Device Manager those inf and driver files may not get deleted and Windows will happily reinstall them for you when the device is detected again.

After rebooting, cancel any requests by Windows to install drivers. Then go to Device Manager to remove what USB devices are left.
Reboot again, and now let Windows to install drivers for all USB devices.

CharlesF

CharlesF

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Joined 13-July 08

After rebooting, cancel any requests by Windows to install drivers.
Then go to Device Manager to remove what USB devices are left.

1) Does that mean you are supposed to remove also drivers for *all* Usb devices, like Usb Scanner or Printer?? :unsure:

2) If so, what about driver for an USB 2.0 card (= PCI adapter)?

3) BTW, where should I d/l the last 3.6 English version?
The 2 links given in post #693 by maximus-decim are broken :( .

Edited by CharlesF, 02 December 2012 - 07:28 AM.

dencorso

dencorso

Iuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Supervisor
  • 5,838 posts
  • Joined 07-April 07
Here. :D

CharlesF

CharlesF

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Joined 13-July 08
Muito obrigado :thumbup !

What about my first 2 questions? :rolleyes:

fortcollins

fortcollins

Junior

• Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined 26-November 08
Is there a keyboard shortcut key that will open the eject dialog box on a system without a mouse?

Washrwoman

Washrwoman

• 13 posts
  • Joined 22-April 13
Is there anywhere from which it is currently possible to download nusb36e.exe? I have been trying for days to track down a source for this file and without success. I have seen posts (none from this year) by people who have installed and used nusb36 and given it great raps so it was available at some period last year at least.
From this thread and other sources I have found 3 links to supposed download pages and tried them on 2 different computers (one with Win 98SE and the other with XP) but all return a 'Page not found' or similar error. These links are -
https://rapidshare.c...514/nusb36e.exe
http://rs130p2.rapid...download
http://www.msfn.org/...s/page__st__680

I am very keen to find a download link for this file that works. I have also tried searching on mgdx.com in the hope that it may be there but had no luck.

TIA.

dencorso

dencorso

• Supervisor
  • 5,838 posts
  • Joined 07-April 07

I am very keen to find a download link for this file that works.

But not an attentive reader, because it was there all along... try the third post before your own. :D

Washrwoman

Washrwoman

• 13 posts
  • Joined 22-April 13
Thanks for the quick reply. I had seen this page and thought it is a hoax or hijack or something! I have never heard of this site before. It looks like a commercial operation. If it is a genuine download page then it needs some explanation for those who are not familiar with it. "File Download" is the only reference to nusb. What do "Premium" and "Free" refer to? "When are your files deleted" - what files? "Never" and "60 day without download" - what download? A little clarification would be helpful, please.

dencorso

dencorso

• Supervisor
  • 5,838 posts
  • Joined 07-April 07
There's nothing much to explain. Click on the "Free Download" button. It'll pop up an ad window (which you can simply close) and display a countdown... when the countdown ends a "Download" button gets activated: click on it and the download starts, after you select where to download to. You asked for nusb36e. There it is.

Washrwoman

Washrwoman

• 13 posts
  • Joined 22-April 13
Thanks very much for that. I'm wary of downloading anything in circumstances that look suspicious, but you have verified the page's authenticity. I'll go get it.

Washrwoman

Washrwoman

• 13 posts
  • Joined 22-April 13
OK, got it but how do I open a .7z file?

LoneCrusader

LoneCrusader

Resistere pro causa resistentiam.

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 862 posts
  • Joined 11-May 09

OK, got it but how do I open a .7z file?

With 7-Zip or WinRAR, etc.

Washrwoman

Washrwoman

• 13 posts
  • Joined 22-April 13
Thanks Den and Lone. Lone's post appeared when I was about to post that I had just found and downloaded 7z920. This matter has been a learning experience for me. Thanks again, guys.

LoneCrusader

LoneCrusader

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 862 posts
  • Joined 11-May 09
No problem ;)

Washrwoman

Washrwoman

• 13 posts
  • Joined 22-April 13
I now have nusb36 unpacked and ready to install. Yippee! Just have to find the time to install it ...

Washrwoman

Washrwoman

• 13 posts
  • Joined 22-April 13
Re removing all USB devices etc, I have a lising in Device Manager for a USB Port Driver, shown as a Mass Storage Class Adapter, for which the driver is hpiosata.pdr. This driver is used by a Smartdisk enclosure I use for backups, and possibly by other devices. Should the port driver be removed before nusb installation?

TIA

LoneCrusader

LoneCrusader

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 862 posts
  • Joined 11-May 09

Re removing all USB devices etc, I have a lising in Device Manager for a USB Port Driver, shown as a Mass Storage Class Adapter, for which the driver is hpiosata.pdr. This driver is used by a Smartdisk enclosure I use for backups, and possibly by other devices. Should the port driver be removed before nusb installation?

TIA

Yes, but be certain you have a backup of those drivers in case they are needed again. NUSB provides a generic driver that should work for all such devices, but keep a copy of the original in case your devices don't play well with NUSB.

Washrwoman

Washrwoman

• 13 posts
  • Joined 22-April 13
Thanks for that - will do. I have the enclosure's driver files in a separate folder any way, and I will also make a backup copy of Windows\Inf.

DarkenMoon97

DarkenMoon97

Dinger 1000

• 18 posts
  • Joined 20-May 13
Anyone have a working link for 3.6? All the links I seem to find are dead.

PD5NiUtK.aQADBsv6.png

TmEE

TmEE

• PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Joined 17-September 08
Here's the English version : http://www.tmeeco.eu...den/nusb36e.exe