Maximus-Decim Native USB Drivers

I've learned by a private message that the version I have installed is most likely NUSB v3.1.

The USBSTOR.INF in C:\Windows\Inf is 20,771 bytes, and dated 05/12/2007 at 8:48pm.

Since I don't know how to remove v3.1, I hope installing 3.3 over 3.1 won't cause any harm.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have a problem with NUSB3.3. When I first learned of NUSB (3.2) I installed it and got a nice (Updated icon+ other stuff Im sure) Sys Tray safe remove icon.

With 3.3 on a fresh autopatched sys I don't get that anymore, and when on my laptop I upgraded to 3.3 the icon no longer supported usb devices and limated itself to PCMCIA (Using the new icon)

Is this a known problem or has something happened.

I have downloaded a fresh each time so it can't be that I have a corrupt copie.

Trev

• 4 months later...

This link sent me to Free Zone. Is that supposed to happen? It said I had to join. If so, then what?

Maximus Decim Native USB ver.3.3

------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Native (without installation of additional drivers for each type) support USB flash drives, digital photo

and videocameras and other similar devices.

*Universal Stack USB 2.0 (without installation of additional drivers for each chipsets) with uninstall.

1.Remove ALL drivers USB flash drives.

2.Remove ALL drivers USB 2.0 controllers.

3.Remove ALL unknown devices.

4.Install NUSB 3.3 and reboot.

5.After detection new USB 2.0 controllers (if it will occur) too it is necessary to be reboot.

Remember! You install it at own risk!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English: http://rapidshare.com/files/70087438/nusb33e.exe.html

Russian: http://rapidshare.com/files/70087290/nusb33r.exe.html

What's new?

*Add CDVSD.VXD 4.90.3004

*USBSTOR.INF 1.08 - add EKE USB Floppy (VID_0424&PID_0FDC), add USBCompliance (for usbu2a.sys), small fix for USB FDD

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using NUSB for some versions.

Today I bought a NEC chipset 5-port USB 2.0 seperately powered PCI card to use in place of my VIA USB 1.1 onboard.

I plugged the card and power in, and started up Windows 98SE.

Taking only a few seconds, the card was detected and installed!

All my USB devices now work at MAX speed.

NUSB is the best! :w00t:

But what about the safe remove icon.. Where is it?

Is there something I need to install other than nusb3.3 to get it, get it BACK even?

Trev

No problem here with NUSB3.3 and the sys tray icon. I can left and right click the tray icon no problem to stop the drive. I have had all the versions working perfectly on my both my 98SE and 98SE2ME boxes.

Have you tried reinstalling NUSB3.3 back over the top of the last one?

PS. An afterthought. In System Configuration Utility, Startup Tab, is System Tray definitely checked?

Edited by lightning slinger

Worst case scenario, could always put this into a link to open the Hotplug DLL directly.

C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL32.EXE shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll

Good to have handy anyway as a 'just in case' measure in the event explorer were to error out and so-forth.

Edited by Chozo4

Ok, that worked which means it is 'functional' on my system however it still does not appear in my tray - yes I do have a pen drive in.

Oh yeah I refer to Chozo4's rundll suggestion.

Is there a way to invoke it to a background service like the rest of the systray (I know 9x doesn't call them that but at least you should know what I mean)

With this in mind would someone, Maximum doesn't seem to be here, check that 3.3 does this instalation because its on 2 computers this has happened.

The first I installed each build from 3 and had the icon which dissapeard after installing 3.3, the second I installed 3.3 and it never existed.

Trev

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, on my laptop I installed the first one I found (3.1 I think) then updates after till 3.3 when I 'Lost' my safe remove icon.

On my desktop I just installed 3.3 and no icon exists in any version of 98 I have (R7.1,R9, AP'ed 98)

R9 has me shell.

When I install 3.2 after no effect results.

I don't know what is going wrong.

Trev

no difference.#

I uninstalled usb2stack... from Add/Remove

I deleted all usb devices in safe mode

I installed Nusb3.3

all usb devices Automaticly installed bar the pen drive whicjh I had to click next on

... Still no icon in sys tray

hotplug runs only when I use

C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL32.EXE shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll

Still no icon in tray...

Am I looking at r-installing windows? ...Again!...

Trev

Not yet...

Am I looking at r-installing windows? ...Again!...

Not yet...

Open NUSB31 with WinRAR or 7zip and extract EXPLORER.EXE from inside it.

Rename it to EXPLORER.31 and put it into c:\Windows.

Reboot into true MS-DOS mode, and issue the following commands:

C:<Enter>

CD\<Enter>

CD \WINDOWS<Enter>

REN EXPLORER.EXE *.33<Enter>

REN EXPLORER.31 *.EXE<Enter>

<Ctrl><Alt><Del>

And, after the machine is back to Win 98SE, check whether your issue is solved or not. Good luck.