April Patches

MtK

I used to use XPCREATE to make an up-to-date pre-SP2 Windows XP distribution, but now (not 2 diss it or anything) it seems kinda obselete with RyanVM's Updatepack and nLite out there.

So with that in mind what is the main purpose of XPCREATE nowadays?

I personally don't like using something that's maintained by somebody else.. what if he stops doing that?

With XPCreate you can keep using it, and adding updates yourself.

I don't like being dependent on things made by third parties with use of frequently updated parts made by the second parties. like the winamp MSI and the update pack.

I personally don't like using something that's maintained by somebody else.. what if he stops doing that?

With XPCreate you can keep using it, and adding updates yourself.

I don't like being dependent on things made by third parties with use of frequently updated parts made by the second parties. like the winamp MSI and the update pack.

Why not use RyanVM's Update pack, then once he stops updating it, use XPCreate to continue updating your installation? :yes:

* KB893086

* KB893066

* KB890923

* KB890859

* KB890830

* Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)

In regards to the new updates, I have placed them all but KB890830 in SVC-HF1 with success on my Virtual PC showing all updated. But with KB890830 I added the registry information to my regtweak file.

* KB893086

* KB893066

* KB890923

* KB890859

* KB890830

* Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)

In regards to the new updates, I have placed them all but KB890830 in SVC-HF1 with success on my Virtual PC showing all updated. But with KB890830 I added the registry information to my regtweak file.

10X...

About the KB890830 , you madded the "not to install" patch on the registry?

Actually, I think I had a question...

it seems to hide up there somewhere...

:P

ohw yeah right uhm lemme see...

the patches displaying a white and blue window icon go in hf1, the ones with an iexpress icon go in hf2, the Malware removal tool (KB890830) goes in MRT

didn't try it yet.. trying to download the patches here at work.. but internet policy's are blocking me... ME, THE NETWORK ADMIN... anywayz.. I'm gonna beat up the internet guy... and then I'll get back to you with the real answer....

edit: owkay.. next time read the entire post.. you already got an answer :)

Edited by Glowy