Self-made x-in-1 setup.exe autorun

ramik

I started making an autorun interface for my x-in-1 windows 2000/xp, using Autoplay Media Studio, now i have a 99.9% interface similar to the original windows xp setup.exe (same fonts, same graphics, ... a complete clone [check screenshot]), but i have one problem...

i was unable to get all commands to work in my interface, calling an exe or opening a webpage is OK, but the xp setup has a couple of things i was unable to close:

- Check system compitibility: what file/function does it call to open this window?

- Install optional windows compontents

another question, does anybody here use Autoplay Media Studio? i have few scripting problems with it too.

when it's done, i'll publish it here so that people can use it in their multiboot cd/dvd...

post-3248-1113382708_thumb.jpg

Use this to install optional windows components:

File.Run(_SystemFolder .. "\\sysocmgr.exe", "/x /y /i:sysoc.inf", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL, false);

And this for system compatibility:

File.Run(\\yourpathtowinxp\\i386\\winnt32.exe", "/checkupgradeonly"", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL, false);

Setup.exe's url to compatibility website:

http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=whistler&sbp=pro&pver=5.1&ar=compat

I have done exactly the same thing, but in another language :D

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We were speaking of Autoplay Media Studio though. All the things I tried always had a border around the outside of the main window (like the one in the picture at the top of this thread) that I couldn't get to go away. If anyone knows what I mean and knows anyway to remove it I'd like to know. Otherwise, I'll stick to VB6.

@TypeR189

I have used v4.0.0.4 and to remove the borders and title bar goto, Project - Settings and in the Window options uncheck Title Bar and Border, I shouldn't think v5 would be any different.

@TypeR189

I have used v4.0.0.4 and to remove the borders and title bar goto, Project - Settings and in the Window options uncheck Title Bar and Border, I shouldn't think v5 would be any different.

Seems it might be. I could not locate that option, but I think you are mistaken about what I am trying to remove. I have attached pics. The first is of something I did with VB6. The other is what I want to remove, the little gray border. I still want the title bar and blue application border, though. Sorry pic is so big, not sure how to resize.

setup.jpg

Border.jpg

Edited by TypeR189