help with boot screen

i followed the guide (http://unattended.msfn.org/advanced/cosmetics/bootscreen.htm) but i cant seem to get it to work.

First i create my boot screen with booteditor. In the guide when it said to click the "make" button, it said "The file you just created is really just a zip file that you can upload so others may use your same images. It's saved in your Boot Editor directory under the name you called it, with the extension bootscreen." I went into my booteditor folder and i only see my boot screen dragon.bootscreen and no zip file. is this suppose to happen?

Second when i take the ntoskrnl.ex_ from my original sp2 slipsteamed and do an expand -r ntoskrnl.ex_ to extract out to ntoskrnl.exe. Went into my system32 folder and renamed the original ntoskrnl.exe to ntoskrnl.bak. But for some reason windows just create itself a new ntoskrnl.exe. I just pasted the ntoskrnl.exe i extracted and over wrote the window's.

Third i do the test thing and put the newboot.exe into $OEM$\$$\ and renamed it singkrnl.exe but shouldnt it goes into $OEM$\$$\System32 since the original ntoskrnl.exe is there?????

Fourth, created the batch file and add the line

[GUIRunOnce]

"%systemdrive%\install\bootscreen.cmd"

into my .sif file. Which line in the batch file tell it where to locate the singknrl.exe?

Can some one help me out? are there any alternative "member" guide to this? Thanks.

Well m8 Ive just been doing the exact same thing and I couldnt get it to work either godknows maybe were just thick lol? But anywayz Ive given up I would loved to have had my own boot screen but I guess I will have to learn a bit more before I attempt that? Never the less good luck man

About the missing zip file. You're misunderstanding what instructions.

The file .bootscreen is the zip file.

It's creating a zip file with the extention .bootscreen

So instead of seeing, dragon.zip it's dragon.bootscreen.

Rename it to dragon.zip and you'll see what I mean

I can't help you with the other problems, I'm more green to this than you are. I haven't even gotten that far yet.

finally i got it to work, been testing like crazy with different setting and virtual PC take about 1 hr to install but it got it to work. I dont a couple different ways but i think this way work. instead writing a script to detect the number of processor i just tell it to set it to a specific kernel. I know that i use single processor so i just put the line below in my cleanup.cmd file. Also put the singkrnl in the system32 folder in $$ instead outside of it like the guide said.

bootcfg /RAW /A /Kernel=singkrnl.exe /ID 1

bootcfg /Timeout 0

so I forgot a few characters when trying to finish the guide, my bad.

1. .bootscreen is the zip file.

2. WFP is enabled and replacing the file when you delete it.

3. Yes.

4. The script is pretty simplistic. You gleaned what you needed. I intended the script to e used across multiple systems, not just a single one.