win xp x suse linux

hello, everyone.

i had suse linux 9.1 and windows xp running ok on the same machine. since i decided to re-install windows my problems began.

windows intallation formats its partition, copies the files and reboot. after that it appears the message: "error / disk" [something like that, it's in portuguese].

i have tried to re-re-install, but it didn't work. i've tried to reinstall lilo and continue with windows installation but it didn't work (appears a message: "partition not bootable", or something like that). i've formated all my disk, including suse, but it didn't work [the message now is "error on loading o.s."]. i've tried many things, but they didn't work...

some say to me to format mbr with win98 "fdisk /mbr" :blink: . does someone here have an idea???

thank very much for your attention,

daniel pellegrini

p.s.: excuse me about my poor english.

Hi there!

Since you deleted linux and windows looks like your drive is empty now so you have no data to loose? If not be carefull and make backup.

Try next:

1. Ensure MBR protection isn't enabled in BIOS.

2. Do not use Win98 "fdisk /mbr" command, use Windows Recovery Console and command:

fixmbr -> Read notes on R.C. page above first if you have more than 1 HDD!

3. Erase your MBR with utility from your HDD manufacturer (Maxtor = PowerMax, WD = DLG Diag ... ...) or other tool like Super Fdisk

4. Try to reinstall your OS after 1,2,3 ...

Tell us how it goes ...

Regards,

primozx