How to burn a Mac .dmg file on a PC?

WoRdUp48

Hey guys,

I've got a bit of a dilemma here. I've got a Mac without a DVD burner, but I have a Mac .dmg file that needs to be burned with a DVD burner. I'm positive there is a way to burn it on a PC (even if I have to convert it to a PC iso format first), but I am not not knowledgable enough to know how.

I have played around with a program call TransMac, but can not figure that thing out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

WoRdUp48

Hey guys,

I've got a bit of a dilemma here. I've got a Mac without a DVD burner, but I have a Mac .dmg file that needs to be burned with a DVD burner. I'm positive there is a way to burn it on a PC (even if I have to convert it to a PC iso format first), but I am not not knowledgable enough to know how.

I have played around with a program call TransMac, but can not figure that thing out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

WoRdUp48

You could try Isobuster which supports many image-formats.

It's possible that it can convert .dmg to .iso, so you can burn it using Nero.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
try this little command line program, you only put "dmg2iso file.dmg file.iso" and the job is done  :thumbup

I have tried this on a DMG of a DVD i have but it didn't work...

I also tried the mac command utility to create an ISO file and it complete sucessfully and my computer can burn it, but when I put it into my G3 pismo i don't get any love... the DVD doesnt even show up...

Any ideas? I need to boot from the DMG so i cannot just mount it on the desktop. Is there a Daemon tools type program for the MACs?

Timmay