Cheap Water Cooling Kit

Rick

Here is a deal I found on xpbargains.com It may be a piece of crap but I thought I would post it here for you guys to take a look at.

Computer Geeks has the Super CPU Water Cooling Kit for $90 - 10% compgeeks coupon (use code: MC Exclusives) = $81. Perfect for Overclocking CPU's.

Looks like a nice kit. Comes complete with mounting hardware for the cooling block, quality silicone hoses with coil spring inserts, and even extra gaskets.

Rick :)

Are all the internals adonised to protect against metal oxide build up?

on a cheap rig like that i bet not.

if you are going to water cool your pc and buy a kit its worth investing the money, you get what you pay for.

Or build it yourself and be very selective about what you buy, all metals inside, inc any pump internals should be the same metals. Beter still get one of those pumps where it moves the internal mechanism using magnets so theres only one metal type inside that, your readiator should be the same metal too, theres some nice ones around, also see Car transmition coolers, a lot of these are stainless steel, look **** nice and sell for about £40 - £50 for a good one (see some petrol head magazine, the type for car "overclockers")

All your hosing L, U bends etc can be purchased from the hardware store, have a look into those click lock ones, might be worth a try.

use a water wetter to prevent metal oxide build up and algae, also adding about a table spoon of methalated spirits each week will keep algae at bay.

This is something i want to try soon too :)

• 3 weeks later...

:D A cheap water cooling system sounds a little fishy to me.

I think FthrJACK is right, if you are going to go the route of watercooling, you may want to invest more than 90 bucks, just seems like something you wouldn't want to skimp out on and risk drowning your computer. :rolleyes:

Knowing my luck, that'd probably happen to me if I tried it :)