Anti virus software.

raza

Hey everyone which one do u think is the best anti-virus?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Hey everyone which one do u think is the best anti-virus?

• Norton
    • Mcafee
    • Panda
    • Antivir
    • Others plz mention below.

I think that my opinion and 99% other opinions

are just subiective .

I use NAV , packed in NIS , so I am happy with it

But I don't test enough other packs ,

so really don't count my opinion.

Also I know people who blame NAV200x only

because they use another product !!?

or because they heard from some that NAV is bad !

really ?

on the other hand this days an antivirus

without a proper firewall !??

AVG. I put it on all of my home customers computers. Don't know really if it is "Better" than the others, but it works well and is FREE for home use. Also it updates itself with no problems. I have had troubles with symantec liveupdate and also with mcaffee update.

I also use AntiVir on my UBCD4WIN BartPE boot disk and it also works well.

I don't know what you guys like about Norton Antivirus. It takes up a lot of resources, it can't handle many viruses, it is the most common antivirus program and therefore the most attacked one. When a virus is detected and Norton cannot remove it, it starts popping up the same stupid message over and over again. This can become very annoying as it disturbs and won't go away. It has many different services that runs in the background which causes high CPU usage and can decrease your overall system performance. Seriously, I've used this program for a couple of years til I found out that antivirus programs such as NOD and Kaspersky existed and since then, Norton has never been an option to me. So, what's so good with it?

Norton suck's the life jucies outa pc's!! I'ts detection isnt that great imho!! I've seen heaps slip past it..type in google AV comparisons or go here..

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48

WIlders is great forum

I personally use pc cillian .suite with firewall easy set and leave!!! Hotmail now use Trend..Also Avg free is ok but download another virus scanner and run it..see if u have anything??.... Nod32 is supposed to be the best..MD