NEED CIRCUIT BOARD FROM 80G SEAGATE

stanstan

I have an 80G Seagate Barracuda ATA IV Model ST38002A

Want circuit board from a similar drive that failed mechanically so I may install the circuit board in my drive that failed electronically. Hope to retrieve the data from my drive.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

I have an 80G Seagate Barracuda ATA IV Model ST38002A

Want circuit board from a similar drive that failed mechanically so I may install the circuit board in my drive that failed electronically.  Hope to retrieve the data from my drive.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

I assume that yer current drive is out of warranty?? If it isn't, you could call up Seagate and request an advanced RMA from them. They will ship you out the replacement drive, and then you ship them the bad drive back in the same box. You could swap out logic boards from the new to old long enough to recover data, and then ship back the bad. Only problem is they will want to have a credit card to guarentee that you will ship back the defective drive. Good luck..

If your data is valuable there are many companies that specialize in data recovery of dead drives. If it's not that valuable then I wish you luck finding a circuit donor drive.