Changes to Xplode

genzo

I'm running XPlode at T-12, so I don't know if the animation will show
I don't know about T12 all I run then is the default tweaks and they just fly through, it is animated before windows starts after the second reboot, but on my slow computer (Athlon XP2100) it does stop and start, maybe there is not enough juice. I have found that if I open Task Manager when xplode is running the animation plays smoothly, still trying to figure out the kinks

:thumbup result.

I'm toying with the idea of creating a bitmap for the selection menu so that instead of a colour there would be an image but I can't decide on which is the best, I would like the writing to have a glow around it but due to the different text lengths sometimes it just looks tacky :angry:

This is my newest version of XPLODE.

Please post comments and ideas.

Pictures

About: This shows the about sections that can be found in the new menu that starts up.

Install1: This shows my install menu I am planning on changing it show that it shows icons like "benners" install.

OSMenu: This shows a list of different Operating Systems and will allow you to pick one.

Select: This shows the select menu not really much to see here.

Tree & Tree2: This shows the new tree menu that collapses when you click it.

INFO

When you pick one of the OS buttons it will load a different XPLODE XML file that has been set in the html code.

This part has been made using javascript and html.

You just click the button and it will run the new XML file, so you dont have to click install.

It does have a downside because of security a message comes up asking to allow the javascript to run click yes or it wont work.

The way that it runs a new XML file is by running "XPlode.exe /xml:win2000.xml" etc and then closing the current instance of XPlode.

This was the only way that I could get it to work without Wraith altering the XPlode code.

How it works

When it is first run the OS Menu will show, just click one of the OS buttons and it will then load a new xml file for that OS.

You can now select the items that you want to install using the new collapable menus.

Click install when ready and it will install the selected items.

This download only contains the needed files and not the exe file and other files you should have.

So just extract XPLODE to a new folder and then copy these files over the ones allready their.

PLEASE MAKE SURE ITS A NEW ONE THAT YOU EXTRACTED AND NOT SURE MAIN ONES.

View Pictures HERE

Download HERE

Nice work.

Just been mucking around with Flash, set this up...

FlashSelection.png

Obviously adding animation and whatnot isn't terribly hard, maybe I'll clean the javascript up and attach it later.

Edited by Wraith

Wraith thats nice

I thought about using flash but it would be something new that I would have to learn again :P

I have to say that I like that, I am not so sure using colours to show the status of each item. I seam to like using icons but suppose you could use both :)

Thanks for posting Wraith

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I let everyone know that i have implemented a theme systems into xplode now and a menu system that allows you to select a operating system.

I cant give a link to the file yet becasue my hosting is down and waiting for it to be put back again but in the mean time you have to wait :)

I have not tested it much so exspect some issues.

Come on people share your ideas and code with others.

The time has come, got my storage space back and ready for a update.

Note

I will now be using the lastest version of XPlode and will not be checking to see if its compatable with the other versions. Sorry

These was made with the last free version.

Updates

Theme System Added

Menu Selection System Added

Install List Headers Added

Tree View Install List Added

Testing

I have not tested any of these much so expect bugs.

How to use the Theme System

In the XML file you should find in my examples new tags ("<Theme></Theme>" and "<Menu></Menu>"). The theme

system only uses the "<Theme></Theme>" tag, this tag tells XPlode what theme to use when it loads.

In the directory "\section\Themes" folder you will find folders these are the theme folders that you can use with

the "<Theme></Theme>" tag to change the theme to whats in the folder.

In your XML file put between the "<Theme></Theme>" the name of the folder (the theme) that you want to use in the

middle of the tags like this "<theme>DRAGON</theme>", this will now load the theme "DRAGON".

You will need to specify the theme because I have not added any error handling at all.

Menu System

To use the menu system you will need to have the menu files in the theme folder and the main menu file needs to be

called "menu-frameset.html". Now to enable the menu you will need to use a new tag "<menu></menu>" that will tell

XPlode to use this new menu before the main part. All you have to do is put "<menu>true</menu>" makes sure this

is in the first XPlode xml file that is loaded.

ScreenShots

About.jpg

This just shows off the about info with information about the creator of XPlode.

OSMenu.jpg

This is a menu that you use to select the OS system that you have installed this will then use a different

XML file in XPlode that is right for that OS. It will also have a different theme to it because I have added

a new theme system into the code.

TreeInstallList.jpg

This will allow you to add headings into the list without it trying to install them.

Win2000.jpg

This shows off the XML and theme that windows 2000 uses.

Win2003.jpg

This uses the old style (Original Look) for the theme.

WinXP.jpg

This will have a different background because it uses a different theme to the others.

(Gallery HERE)

DOWNLOAD HERE

XPlode Editor

I would like to know what you people would like in a XPlode Editor like feature, functions etc

Please give as much detail as you can :)

I am not going to promiss anything but I am working on multiple projects at the moment that will benefit the

XPlode community. You might get some hints to what in my gallery HINT HINT :)

Hehe you beat me to it genzo :P

I was thinking in implementing a theme based xplode as well but you were faster.

My method is based in an autoit script ,2 batch files and 2 text files.

Just to give an idea...the names are just an example :P

run.bat calls the autoit script and then xplode

copy.bat copy the content of the folder of the theme to be applied.

IE the theme to be run is 5...copy.bat copies the content of a folder called 5 to xplode folder.

theme.exe its the compiled autoit script that checks 2 text files to know what theme is going to be loaded. And then call the copy.bat to apply the theme.

total.txt holds the number of themes that are stored

last.txt holds the number of the last theme to be used, so theme.exe can call the next theme.if last equals total then starts from the first one

its a bit confusing and perhaps not the best idea...but if works...and each time i run xplode is a different theme without having to manually mess with the file everytime.

Its really a shame that almost no one is getting their hands dirty with this, maybe the 3 weeks limit pulled someone off....oh well...

If anyone wants some details or have some questions...plz PM me.

Thanks IceBlackIce for posting

I see how you have done it, sneaky way of doing it without coding it in javascript etc :) but if it does the job then it does not matter how its done.

I thought about putting a random theme mode in but have not got around to it, same as adding a default theme if its not set in the xml file.

Its a shame that many people dont post their thoughts/ideas so that it helps other people.

I take it no one wants a XPlode editor as no one posted any ideas for it?

You can post other ideas here that you would like to see in XPlode, this way it give Wraith a idea what most people would like to see and it will give people like me ideas.

Genzo I am having a few problems as described in the pictures:

First - As seen in the picture, on some of the items, the box doesnt cover up everything and including the text until it is actually selected (Clicked on).

crap%201.jpg

Second - The highlighting color is nearly the same as the text, is there anyway I can change the color of the highlight? (I searched one of the JS files and found how to change the TEXT color, but not the highlight.

crap%202.jpg

Edited by S0mE0nesMiNd1

ahh S0mE0nesMiNd1 the problem that you having with the box is to do with the size icons that you are using. The box is just a picture that sits in the background but does not stretch because it would then distort the box and it will go pixely.

I did not think of this till now. The only way to fix this would be to make the box bigger or split the box up in parts so that it would stretch to whats in its contents.

The reason that the box goes to the right size when you click it is that its not using a image it then uses normal table but with colours and borders.

To change the colour of the interface you will need to find the right code in the css(cascading style sheet) "not sure if I spelt that right but anyway you will find this in each of the theme folders.

It had taken me ages to find the ones that i have altered already.

Sorry but iIcant get into to much detail in helping you at the moment I hope someone else can. I only have 1 week left till I finish college and need all my course work done which is not the case I have assignments not finished. If your questions are not answered when I have some spare time then I will be glad to help.

Hope I have been some help

Perhaps doing a whole new layout from scratch would've been easier?

I thought I made stuff pretty clear, but that's to me, so it may not be clear to anyone else... which might be right, seeing as I'm so cryptic :P

If you do feel like redoing the whole layout from scratch, and want to get it included with XPlode, msg me on MSN/ICQ - if you're going to help me with a layout, I'll be more likely to add more capabilities if you think they're needed in order to get the display working. New window.external.XXXXX() functions and whatnot.

I'm only going to be able to offer this opportunity today and tomorrow - I have a few days before I need to get ready for my exams, so you're going to have to make up your mind in the near future :P

Making a new layout would be hard for me, I started using javascript/xml only alittle while ago.

I might give it a try once my course is finished, I should have plenty of time when looking for a job :)

Wraith thanks for a great tool.

How about a window.external.shell("#XPLODE#\xplode.exe /xml win2000.xml") function that would run the XPlode.exe with a new xml file. This would get rid of the scripting message in the theme/menu system I made :)

Edited by genzo