Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Changes to Xplode

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

S0mE0nesMiNd1

S0mE0nesMiNd1

• PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Joined 15-December 04
Genzo I am having a few problems as described in the pictures:

First - As seen in the picture, on some of the items, the box doesnt cover up everything and including the text until it is actually selected (Clicked on).
Posted Image
Second - The highlighting color is nearly the same as the text, is there anyway I can change the color of the highlight? (I searched one of the JS files and found how to change the TEXT color, but not the highlight.
Posted Image

Edited by S0mE0nesMiNd1, 17 June 2005 - 08:47 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

IceBlackIce

IceBlackIce

• PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Joined 08-November 03
I believe the tag you are searching is : .inst_tagdisp . Just change the background-color: to transparent or the code you see fit. I cant try it atm...if it doesnt work let me know.

genzo

genzo

• 19 posts
  • Joined 13-March 05
ahh S0mE0nesMiNd1 the problem that you having with the box is to do with the size icons that you are using. The box is just a picture that sits in the background but does not stretch because it would then distort the box and it will go pixely.

I did not think of this till now. The only way to fix this would be to make the box bigger or split the box up in parts so that it would stretch to whats in its contents.

The reason that the box goes to the right size when you click it is that its not using a image it then uses normal table but with colours and borders.

To change the colour of the interface you will need to find the right code in the css(cascading style sheet) "not sure if I spelt that right but anyway you will find this in each of the theme folders.

It had taken me ages to find the ones that i have altered already.

Sorry but iIcant get into to much detail in helping you at the moment I hope someone else can. I only have 1 week left till I finish college and need all my course work done which is not the case I have assignments not finished. If your questions are not answered when I have some spare time then I will be glad to help.

Hope I have been some help

Wraith

Wraith

Dr. Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Joined 01-January 04
Perhaps doing a whole new layout from scratch would've been easier?
I thought I made stuff pretty clear, but that's to me, so it may not be clear to anyone else... which might be right, seeing as I'm so cryptic :P

If you do feel like redoing the whole layout from scratch, and want to get it included with XPlode, msg me on MSN/ICQ - if you're going to help me with a layout, I'll be more likely to add more capabilities if you think they're needed in order to get the display working. New window.external.XXXXX() functions and whatnot.

I'm only going to be able to offer this opportunity today and tomorrow - I have a few days before I need to get ready for my exams, so you're going to have to make up your mind in the near future :P
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

genzo

genzo

• 19 posts
  • Joined 13-March 05
Making a new layout would be hard for me, I started using javascript/xml only alittle while ago.

I might give it a try once my course is finished, I should have plenty of time when looking for a job :)

Wraith thanks for a great tool.

How about a window.external.shell("#XPLODE#\xplode.exe /xml win2000.xml") function that would run the XPlode.exe with a new xml file. This would get rid of the scripting message in the theme/menu system I made :)

Edited by genzo, 18 June 2005 - 03:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users