Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Is there a way to reset cached domain password?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

apucciar

apucciar
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Is there any way to manually sync or reset a cached domain password on my PC? I can't do this when not connected to the network as I get "Domain not available". I am remotely connecting to the windows network. The problem is, I am forced to logon to my PC using my old domain password that has been cached on my PC. I then remotely connect to the Domain and, once connected, I and up with a password conflict. I'd like to be able to manually update my locally cached password so it matches my current Domain password. Any advice would be appreciated.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

win2kadmn

win2kadmn
  • Members
  • 2 posts
CTRL-ALT-DEL....change password

nmX.Memnoch

nmX.Memnoch

MSFN Master

• Patrons
  • 2,086 posts
How are you remotely connecting to the domain?

mmarable

mmarable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
We get this all the time with remote users.

Log onto your machine with your cached credentials.
Establish your VPN remote connecton.
Lock your screen (WindowsKey + L)
Unlock using your new domain password.

This will recache your credentials and you should be good to go.

ArkadRnD

ArkadRnD
  • Members
  • 1 posts
mmarable thanks for the good answer. However - what id there is no VPN? Consider the scenario where there is a remote user with cached credentials and disconnected from domain for a prolonged period of time. Is there a way to reset cached password without domain being available?

PC_LOAD_LETTER

PC_LOAD_LETTER

Well, I stole something else

• Super Moderator
  • 1,829 posts
i dont believe there is. cached credentials dont expire so i dont see why you would need to change your locally cached password. you can disable the 'logged on using cached credentials' nag message by doing the opposite of what this article suggests. (set true to false and 1 to 0)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN