who make's the best quality PC?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. who make's the best quality PC?

• emachines
    • dell
    • gateway
    • hewlitt packard hp
    • compaq

you missed Dell and some others off. they are all as bad as each other if you ask me. from what i hear emachines have a good reputation but ive never actually examined one so i dont know.

as soon as you get one id recomend formatting it and removing any "backup partitions" (might be an idea to backup any drivers in there tho) and install a clean system without the usual garbage they put in there, eg: packard bell machines come with a slew of useless software that clutters the pc up and gets on your nerves, new pc families with 10 year olds might find it usefull but most people wont, and the pestering to signup to their ISP services is annoying too.

If i had a pick between the ones you listed id go4 the Dell..they have decent systems and their failrate is very low. Additionlly they have good cutomer service and pretty much replace hardware within the warenty no questions asked..

But like others have said..its sort of like picking the least of the Evils..

Im with Aaron.. AlienWare rigs are the best prebuilt systems out there, but expect to pay a pretty penney

:)

=Drew

I have always sucked at spelling..and over the years i have just come to accept it..i know i spell s*** wrong, bit i just dont care..i get my point accross and thats what matters

(im sure there are at least a few mispelled words in there..)

:):rolleyes:

=Drew

Falcon Northwest seems to bulid very fast benchmarking systems.I got the latest PC World mag and they were comparing P4 hyperthread cpu's of the 3GHZ flavor and Falcon Northwest built the only non P4 HT computer for comparison, which was a XP 2600+ AMD.The results were surprising in that their system kept up and even exceeded the P4 3 GHZ.I have seen them appear in top ten performance showdowns too.

With cash not being a factor I'll bet anyone on this forum could build a top contender.

i don't do gaming or intence graphic's. by quality, i meant durability, reliability, for the lowest price. i'm the original poster. if you know a more durable PC not listed, please post it.

thank's for your reply's

threre are members on this board in the USA who build and sell computers for a living.,.. im sure they could under cut and out quality companies like Dell etc any day. As they build machines to order too they can do you a machine to your exact needs.

come on guys.. give the guy a quote!

Quality, durability, reliability for the lowest price is dependent on the individual parts.

PC manufacturer's have to find a balance between quality parts (name brand components) and lesser quality parts (generic brand components) to sell the end product at a low/competitive price to consumers.

Therefore, you will be hard pressed to find a high quality pre-made PC at a low price. Only, by building your own PC at your own specifications will you obtain a high quality, durable, and reliable PC. Exceptions to the rule do exsist as members previously suggested, Dell, Alien Ware, and Falcon NW. The alternative to building your own PC is to have a well know PC Builder do it for you. There are online configurators available at major manufacturer web sites (any of the poll choices) where you may select from a limited range of parts and they will assemble it for you.

In your quest to obtain your product you will find that PCs often fail due to the weakest link, i.e. weakest part. A pre-made system at a low price will obviously contain weak parts. A pre-made system at a higher cost and has received good reviews will not contain a collection of weak parts. Look for a system that has a name brand power supply and motherboard as a minimal. Visit the suggested PC Maker's web sites and examine the system specifications. Compair those specs to any low cost PC and you will see the difference. Be advised that most low cost systems do not even list the name brands of the individual parts. The reason is obvious as you know.

TigerDirect.com is a good starting point for a variety of pre-built low end PCs in the U.S., but be selective.

i don't do gaming or intence graphic's. by quality, i meant durability, reliability, for the lowest price. i'm the original poster. if you know a more durable PC not listed, please post it.

thank's for your reply's

Vadislav,there really are many choices.I build and have done much research on reliable,and compatible parts.My suggestion to you is to buy Computer Shopper magazine and look for the criteria that MSNwar mentioned(mobo and power supply)jot down what you like and go to the websites themselves and see if they have a configurator which is an add and delete component checklist.By the time your done doing this on a few sites you will have some idea what the medium to large builders are selling.Then find a mom and pop computer store near you that upgrades and custom builds to your specs and compare.You will be equiped to make a wise choice by yourself.(best way,honest) :santa