XPlode 4.3.50711.1385

S0mE0nesMiNd1

Indeed.

From experience, 99% of the hobbyists that use XPlode rebuild their CD's just before they format. Thus three weeks will suffice.

That is, assuming you build your XPCD the same day as an XPlode build.

XPlode will be rebuilt each Wednesday morning here, and I'm sure everyone's figured out how to tell what date XPlode was built on.

If that is how it has to be ... ok.

I can see why you have come this and understand your position.

Now:

Questions:

1 - The diferences between the builds are only that? I mean...no features added to different builds?

Feature Requests:

1 - I really like the information bar thingie...maybe you could make the item getting installed appear there, everytime it changes.

Bugs:

1 - I pinpointed (sp?) the sidebar issue...you were right...it follows the items being installed BUT if the item is not selected it will stay there until the next one that is selected, if none is the sidebar wont move.

Hope to being usefull.

I'm sorry to see this happening here..

I go along with S0mE0nesMiNd1.

Agreed completly with you that it has been very frustrating, but like this?

No, but sadly i'm forced now to step back from it.

Allways tried to help if i could, post correct etc etc.. (and with me a lot of good msfn people)

I'm not a corporate institution, to bad i lose this nice updated tool.

Great to see this posted again wraith,

can't understand the three week limit though.

I have an xplode dvd for my laptop and a three week limit is not much good if I'm away and need to reinstall. I was hoping to use the 'select' install to keep stuff on the dvd and only install a particular program if needed. At home the limit kind of assumes you have a working OS to build it on.

How much is a single corp. version?

How much is a single corp. version?

$10.

The reason I chose the three week limit is this - I have given out just over 120 corporate test license requests since I took XPlode 4.1 off downloads, and assuming that only 2% of them decide to pay for XPlode, that means that I should have had ~4 clients. There have been nearly 20 academic licenses granted. Guess how many corporate clients? That's right, you got it, 0. Going off the response from you people, XPlode isn't such a bad product. So to me, those numbers seem a bit lop-sided.

The conclusion: the "corporate" version was too easy to download, and ignore the licensing.

From other "hobbyists" I have talked to that have used XPlode, they are content with rebuilding their XPCD's whenever they need to format, and hence, the free version of XPlode would suffice. They get their config working, download the latest build, burn it off, and they're good to go.

I'm sorry if that has turned you of XPlode, but it is being developed essentially for no benefit of my own - with the amount of ungrateful responses regarding the EULA, I have little problem with making XPlode time-limited.

That said, I have no problem providing a free non-restricted version to prominent members of MSFN - they've given back to the community, I have no problems helping them out too. I'm sure that down the line, they've helped me with something in particular.

I forgot to add - if you're wondering why there is so little difference between the "free" and "corporate" versions, I had to remove a couple of things from the corporate version due to some buggy code. Needs a bit more testing before release.

I won't say what, because it may take some time to get rectified.

That said, I have no problem providing a free non-restricted version to prominent members of MSFN - they've given back to the community, I have no problems helping them out too. I'm sure that down the line, they've helped me with something in particular.
Before people start getting ansy....i believe the KEY words being...
they've given back to the community

I have no problem providing a free non-restricted
great! but how will I know if this:
they've given back to the community
is me? :blushing:

just ask?

if so... I'm asking ;)

....for now I'm sticking with the restricted version :)

**** - I thought with the pre / post executes was meant for each item. Didnt realize it was at the end of the entire selection.

It was mainly put there so people could hide windows before XPlode launched, and for running shutdown.exe after execution, depending on how people have set up their XPCD's...

myself i think its stupid to make the so-called "free" version expire after 3 weeks. i think xplode is a great program, but i (and probably alot of other ppl) dont rewrite theyre xplode code and everything every three weeks. i actually havent completed mine yet, i pretty much do it whenever i have time. so if it takes me three weeks to create and finalize my code and everything, its pretty much useless cuz it expired and its out of date...

so if it takes me three weeks to create and finalize my code and everything, its pretty much useless cuz it expired and its out of date...

Not really, you download XPlode from the site again, and it'll work for another three weeks.

It doesn't expire because you've extracted it - it expires regarding the build date.

And the syntax won't change, so even if you write it for this version, it will still work for the next.