XPlode 4.3.50711.1385

S0mE0nesMiNd1

@Tails

If that is the case, why not just spend the extra few bucks and purchase a nonrestricted copy from Wraith? You might even be able to negotiate with him on the price itself. If nothing else, it might even ensure support when needed.

Corporate license request form fixed.

Site redone a bit to make stuff a bit clearer.

If you had requested a corp license before 2005-05-26, you'll need to resubmit it - it was not received.

I am glad to hear that the corporate version is so cheap. But I see it has already happended. If you can make it they can break it. Tread lightly Wraith, there are some really talented ppl like yourself on this site and I would hate to see cracked versions or just cracks for xplode out on the net. Then you would give up letting the public get xplode and there would be no xplode @ all. Hopefully that will not happen but creating a time limit is like throwing a dog a bone. It just calls for some ppl to crack the limit. Personally I have no problem with paying a measly 10 bucks for xplode (as long as that includes access to updates). Other than that farwell and hope all goes well.

well although I cant say I'm surprised to see this I hope it works our well for you wraith.

By the way I had asked you for a copy when you weren't even offering it for download anymore and stated I would be glad to pay for it. I read your site and I do run a small shop but since I build maybe 1 or 2 systems a month and $500 is kind of high for that I think I may have to back down on the product.

I would not feel comfortable just grabbing a copy for $10 and using it allot without paying you properly.

Thanks for all your hard work and for the great product. I hope others enjoy it as much as I have.

P.S. Is it ok if I continue to use my old copy of 4.0. I'm willing to offer money for it. Thanks again.

It's sad to see that you've decided to go this route.

Your program is good at what it does, but no where near good enough to justify the prices you're charging.

Good job on alienating a significant portion of your user base.

It's good to see that you're happy to have a small portion of your user base ruin it for the rest of us.

When you're ready to accept a reasonable price for the product feel free to PM me.

No, I'm a fellow developer who cannot justify spending $500 on a product of such small proportions when it could be made in-house for much less.

Take that and the fact that there are other alternatives (WPI which are free and easier to use, it's hard to justify hte cost.

You ask why $500 is the price FOR A SITE LICENSE or even $10 for an individual license...

Wraith uses his personal time to code this program. It's been in development for i believe almost 2 years. That being said...that's alot of man hours for a single person. Figure he spent even 100 hours writing this program, then that what? $1 for every 10 hours? or even $5 for every hour?

Figure the program would take someone about 10 hours to get it to do everything XPlode does with all the functionality and the XML parser and what have you...now figure that person get's paid about $15 an hour, that's $150 right? That may be cheaper and if that's the route you chose then so be it. Most companies might just not be bothered and order the license just to not be bothered with in house development. Now if you wanted something cheap, just use BATCH code that's enabled on EVERY system upon install untill disabled. That's cheap, and easy to use.

As for the small minority ruining it for the majority, well....welcome to the world. Browse through history, and you'll find this happens all throughout it.

A big company needing that many licenses can pay up €500, it's even a small cost. If you don't like it, write it yourself, and see how many paid man hours it takes.

As for the small minority ruining it for the majority, well....welcome to the world. Browse through history, and you'll find this happens all throughout it.

Nice remark :)

also...look at it this way. if you pay wraith money for it then wouldn't you expect to get better versions of xplode and get them quicker?

I have a sneeky suspicion you would :ph34r:

also...also...xplode is so pretty and can be easily customized.