XPlode 4.3.50711.1385

S0mE0nesMiNd1

Well - once this is a bit more stable, I would be more than happy to "donate" (I will refer to it as donating because I feel wraith deserve it for his hard work, and not the fact that it costs money) for a version when you can have multiple executes in one item.

so if it takes me three weeks to create and finalize my code and everything, its pretty much useless cuz it expired and its out of date...

Not really, you download XPlode from the site again, and it'll work for another three weeks.

It doesn't expire because you've extracted it - it expires regarding the build date.

And the syntax won't change, so even if you write it for this version, it will still work for the next.

yup, hard coded to expire 3weeks after build date.

Anyway, jumping into xplode for first time after version 1, wish me luck.

I'm also not too happy with your decision. I would like to use XPlode as an Select-Installer on a second DVD, that is NOT startet unattendedly after or while Installation. And I also do not use the latest version everytime they are released. I got older versions on my computer and they work fine for me. And I also want to use the DVD for desaster recovery. So when my harddrive crashes, I got a DVD with programs and a fantastically designed XPlode, but cannot use it, because the eval (or whatever) period is over. So I need to install every app on my own again, that is not the sense of XPlode I think...

So I will stay with version 4.1 or so and be happy for all the time. Of course I still don't really know about new features of 4.2, because I haven't looked into these forums for a while.

cu

FuNKeR

I got older versions on my computer and they work fine for me. And I also want to use the DVD for desaster recovery. So when my harddrive crashes, I got a DVD with programs and a fantastically designed XPlode, but cannot use it, because the eval (or whatever) period is over. So I need to install every app on my own again, that is not the sense of XPlode I think...

You could perhaps reward the creator and purchase a license for the software that does NOT have this limitation.

If you're going to edit my posts, at least sign your name. Otherwise, it makes you looks cowardice.

Yes, I do have respect for software development. I think you have no respect for the people that made your software popular and provided you with feedback to improve further development.

If you rationalize the expiration date on the free version by saying that businesses can take it and use it without paying for it, that's fine. That's a very valid reason. However, why would you say I have no respect for software development when I'm creating a workaround your expiration date for my own personal use? I'm not a business. I fall under the conditions which you set forth, clearly stating your personal associated implication of "freeware license for home users." It follows to reason that you wouldn't care if I deny you of any donations; likewise, it shouldn't matter to you if I create a workaround for your expiration date, as long as I remain within the constraints of what you consider to be a "home user," or any other freeware-meritorious individual.

I'll tell you what, if you can provide me with a good reason to not use my "custom" version of your software, then I will gladly start using your software legitimately ... I might even pay for it if you're convincing enough.

Otherwise, I'll continue to do what I do to get around your little expiration date.

PS-

Don't worry, I won't tell others how to do it; nor will I provide others with my workaround. I'll respect you enough to not be an as***** about it.

well, I am not object Waith's decision, but I think he should put back version 4.1 also.... the reason is that 3 weeks restriction isnt gonna work for me or may be some people.... Here is my suituation....

currently, I am living in UK, and my father in Hong Kong, my father isnt good at computers, so, what I normally do each summer holiday is to build an unattended CD with all the neccessary apps he needs, so, if he need to format, he can just put the CD and do all the works for him... Therefore, the CD must be kept for at least for a yr....., so I hoping Waith at least make the version 4.1 available again for the people who has similar suituation...