Resolution/display Problem.

speedz

My retarded friend went on my computer and lauched Freedom Force. He then set the graphics under options to 1152 by 865 in 32 bits. The computer froze. And now when i turn it back on, the screen is all fubar, everything is moving around and i can't anything when it's in the bios. And when windows is done loading, the screen goes blank and turns itself off.

HELP! PLZ!

:)

Tried that. Problem starts as soon as bios loads. Even when i load safe mode, it looks like the screens from the matrix.

If the prob starts in the bios... wouldn't that meen my mobo is fubar?

Maybe this is a good excuse for my parents to finally buy a new pc...

Edit: Safe mode doesn't work. Can't boot at all.

lmao, dont listen to gamehead,

Do this:

When your computer starts hit F8 a bunch of times till the menu comes up, then hit safe modus, and your graphics will be very low since it doesnt load your gfx drivers.. Then go and change resolution when u done with that, reboot!

Hope this helps :)

No unnessary flaming mate(Mod)

Tried that. Problem starts as soon as bios loads. Even when i load safe mode, it looks like the screens from the matrix.

If the prob starts in the bios... wouldn't that meen my mobo is fubar?

Maybe this is a good excuse for my parents to finally buy a new pc...

Edit: Safe mode doesn't work. Can't boot at all.

Can't boot at all? Let me get this right because I am confused. When you boot the PC the screen is immediately w*****s? Or right before windows loads the screen goes w*****s? Try this cause it will not hurt. Turn the PC off and turn it back on again. Completely off and wait about 10 seconds before turning it back on again okay. The first thing you should see is the Video card information displayed across the top of the screen. It comes up quick so look for it closely. Then wait to see if it boots normally. If not repeat the process and after the Video Card info disapears start hitting the key to enter the BIOS. In the BIOS, look for a "Safe Mode" setting. Change the BIOS to "Safe Mode" and save and exit. Get back to us okay.

My monitor goes w*****s as soon as it boots. Before even checking for drives. Then after awhile, the monitor just turns off.

Think my monitor is fubar? It's only a year old. :)

Edit: I left it off for a couple of hours. AFter a while the screen goes pixelated purple and a green blob is my pointer. So that must mean that windows is atleast partially loaded.

And also, my monitor does work fine w/ 1152 by 8xx resolution on the desktop...