Would any1 update the guide on the homepage

I just began to make an unattended cd not long ago, and most of the time I look at the guide on the homepage, because it is organized.

But after encountering some problems, and having it solved through the forum, I find that the guide has many mistakes in it, they are misleading to beginners.

So anyone of you admins here can update that guide? So fewer of the questions like mine will be asked on this forum (partly caused by the guide), and it saves time too.

Just a little request, I know you are all busy.

Thanks again for the great tutorials and tips.

sure....i've been busy lately (me and the admin have access to edit the site) but sure...

But how about being clearer, what were the errors? be specific, as the site is quite large.

Sorry for the word, not really "many", just "some" :D:P

As far as I go (intermediate), I've found the following:

_ In the OOBEINFO.INI Method of creating user accounts, the INI file should be placed in "$OEM$\$$\system32\oobe" instead of just "$OEM$\$$\system32".

_ In the "Drivers via CD -> Prepare Windows Source files" section, the file SETUP.EX_ should be extracted from I386 folder, not the source folder.

I'll add more if I find one.

_ In the reg tweaks section (which is giving error now), you can give the link to the 2 threads about this

Part 1

Part 2

And the Utility

on the subject of updating the site, why not update the Office XP slipstream info to include the SP3 update and following hotfixes instead of the SP2 update.

Also, when finalising the CD you only provide a link to an MSFN article, but if you have the PDF of the site and don't have net access, how do you know how to finalise a CD? How about integrating the article in to that section?

cheers

Also, when finalising the CD you only provide a link to an MSFN article, but if you have the PDF of the site and don't have net access, how do you know how to finalise a CD? How about integrating the article in to that section?

Links to the Nero guide to make the CD. If I add it to the Unattended guide, then there is redunancy. If you just use CDIMAGE and burn the ISO, it's the same effect.