Group policy not updating

Tel

I have a Win2003 Small Business Server with Group Policy set up. Only some PC's are receiving the Policy. The PC's that are not receiving the Policy are showing these errors in Event Viewer.

Error 1053 Userenv: Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

and

Error 1030 Userenv: Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. A message that describes the reason for this was previously logged by the policy engine.

I've googled these errors and followed many resolutions proposed by MS and other ppl. These are the attempts:

- unjoined the client from the domain and rejoined;

- unjoined the client and renamed the PC and rejoined;

- unjoined the client reset the computer account in Active Directory and rejoined the domain;

- Simply renamed the client PC;

- Logged in as a different user on the client PC;

- Restarted the DNS Server.

I can connect to the domain with other means, it's just the group policy. I can successfully connect to Active Directory and I can access the the SYSVOL directory on the Domain Controller using Explorer, I can even browse all the way to where the Group Policy is kept. So it's not a matter of a network issue. There is simply something that is not allowing the Group Policy to be updated.

Hi there.

You should try the suggetsions given.

Just because you can browse to those folders yourself, doesn't really mean that the system will - in order to update the GP I believe.

Let us know how you get on and what worked (if any does).

Regards,

N.