complete newbie guide

muiz

Im reading this for weeks now,and it looks realy great.

But...i never worked with xml or whatever.

And i am not the only one.

Tried to read the docs also, but i still realy have no clue.

So this means i just can forget xplode?

Maybe someone can make a readme for real newbies?

Try reading the sample XML's.

They are fairly self explanatory, and help you to understand how the documentation ties in with it.

With both the XML's and the documentation side-by-side, you should be able to work it out with a little effort.

I know, but after so many times over and over....

Its almost time to give up.

I have nobody around to help me with this.

The only help is this forum, and believe me i read alot and try alot.

And im sure im not the only one.

So instead of fighting the docs and forum, it would be very cool, if there was a complete beginners guide.

So its possible for almost everyone to use explode.

Yes i have to agree with Wraith, If you have the Doc open and the xml files it is very easy to understand thats how i did it.

If you still cant do it then XPlode is not really for you and suggest that you read up on unattended install, xml, javascript and maybe batch files too before you start this again.

The problem is that no noob tutorials or guides on how to use XPlode is not out that i know of so really you have no choice but to learn the so called hard way or just give up.

But i tell you its very easy to use its just down to trial and error with a bit of common sense, so anyone can do it you just need to read to doc.

Sorry if this post was too hard but if i dont push you then you wont learn XPlode because I dont think anyone is going to go through it all for you.

Im not going to go through everything, but how hard is it to realize this crap....

<execute display="Microsoft Office 2003" desc="Office 2003 Program">
<program>#XPLODE#\Office\Pro11.msi</program>
<arguments>/QB</arguments>
</execute>

Its not gonna get more simple than that.....especially from me.

Hi muiz,

Have a look at this HERE

It's my own XML sheet and if you just place some of the simular prog's in the directory's given there... you will be just fine!

Start with one and then go on with the rest, step by step and you will see it has not so very much knowledge on XML.

I'm the same noob on xml but managed to do it.

(translation: met vallen en opstaan, beginnen met 1 proggie erin en dan uitbouwen)

Good luck.

Im not going to go through everything, but how hard is it to realize this crap....

im not even going to answer this......... :angry:

@BAM thx i will take a look