[App] Boot Folder creation

Nazgul

hm, iam askin me, what about the I386 Folder?

this folder will be created too when usin winnt /noreboot

i know i can copy this folder directly from xp cd but winnt /noreboot does remove alot of files from i386(manual install) and bootin from cd is faster

Edited by Weed

• 3 weeks later...

It seems BootFolder.exe can not Parse the dosnet.inf file of windows using the new DriverPackBase with the Mass Storage DP integrated. I think it is because there are multiple entries in it.

Would you mind checking this out? I know it is not a problem with the BootFolder.exe file... but you have a better knowledge of the dosnet.inf file than I do. ;)

Thanks

I was just about to post that too. i tried to integrate the BTS's MassStorage driver pack into my XP. Everything worked well as a standalone CD but when i wanted to use BootFolder to make the boot folder it gave me an error. When i looked in the file i found a reference to the error fire twice. the file was ALIIDE.SY_

Any chance of another release of BootFolder with this fix??

Any chance of another release of BootFolder with this fix??
Would you mind checking this out?  I know it is not a problem with the BootFolder.exe file... but you have a better knowledge of the dosnet.inf file than I do. ;)
Although there aren't supposed to be double (or triple, or ...) entries in dosnet.inf, my application was partly at fault, because it gave an error and stopped copying, while it could have handled this situation gracefully.

Because I expected the output folder to be empty (and check this in advance) I had set the overwrite bit to false.

In this case my app tried to copy the same file twice and it failed to do so on the second copy because the file already existed.

I've set the overwrite bit to true to fix this problem.

I've also added a /f (force) switch which skips the 'empty target' verification, so you can run the program on an already existing bootfolder to update it. Keep in mind that this only updates new and changed files, but doesn't remove files which are no longer referenced.

I've uploaded version 1.3 and modified the first post to reflect the updates mentioned here.

• 2 weeks later...

this is a fantastic tool - it would seem apparent that someone should write an entire intergrated gui that edits all the file as detailed in the original guide. does any one (geekier) than me know of any reason why this has not been done ?license. it would seem an easier enough program for the write person ?

indeed - I have read alot more info on multi boot / unattended and powerpacker is a great tool. I was thinking perhaps a more comprehensive approach with all due respect.

a program that includes chshell/bsdw by that l mean you would have a copie of all you os in perhaps iso format start an app like "powerpacker" that asks which os you would like to include and it modifies all the file just like powerpacker and then creates the chshell.ini file for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
indeed - I have read alot more info on multi boot / unattended and powerpacker is a great tool. I was thinking perhaps a more comprehensive approach with all due respect.

a program that includes chshell/bsdw by that l mean you would have a copie of all you os in perhaps iso format start an app like "powerpacker" that asks which os you would like to include and it modifies all the file just like powerpacker and then creates the chshell.ini file for you.

It does exactly that. ;) Cdshell is the tool it uses for the boot menu.

• 2 months later...